𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙖𝙨

|| 💮💮💮 ||

|| 💮💮💮 ||

All Nezuko could do at the moment was to freeze and stay still at the presence of the slayers. All of them looked intimidating, staring at her with mixed curiosity and despise.

" Oi, Uzui, Kocho, " Sanemi turned to look at his comrades, " are you sure you didn't hear wrong about this demon? "

Uzui huffed, " Are you calling my wives liars? They saw this demon saved a couple of humans with their own eyes! "

" Kanao is not the type to lie," Shinobu assured, her smile looked calm but uncertain, " I am certain my tsuguko would never lie to me. Especially to defend a demon. Not only that, you seem to know this demon, Tomioka-san? "

All eyes turned towards the Water Hashira. Giyuu glanced at Nezuko before facing the others, his expression as sombre as ever.

" This demon...her family was killed, leaving only her and her brother to survive, " he answered, " the brother wanted to find a cure for his sister, but he failed the Final Selection."

" How did you know all of this? " Obanai glared at him.

When only silence returned back as a reply to the question, a sudden idea struck the other Hashiras. Their eyes widened.

" You spare this demon? " Shinobu mumbled. " You met them -- the brother and the sister -- even knowing that she had become a demon, you still let her go? "

" How absurd! " Sanemi raised his voice. " You should have killed her when you had the chance! Are you an idiot?! Letting a demon go?! She must have killed many humans by now!! You didn't think of that?! "

" No! "

Nezuko wiggled her way to a sitting position, not taking her eyes off the Wind Hashira.

" I never...eat humans! " She claimed. Her heart hurt more to hear her brother being assumed of letting her harm humans.

" Drop the lies, I've heard that many times before." Sanemi growled at her. " You think we will believe you? Let me show everyone here how nasty demons are..."

Unsheathing his sword, he let the green-coloured blade cut opened his skin on the arm.

There was a strong scent running in the air, surprising the small demon. It made her head feel dizzy...and her mouth filled with saliva.

" Smell it, " the man sneered, " you want this, don't you? Many of your kind had gone berserk just to get me."

" Shinazugawa, go under the roof, she wouldn't dare to step into the daylight."