𝙉𝙚𝙜𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

|| 🌸🌸🌸||

|| 🌸🌸🌸||

Demons and slayers have been with clashing against each other for centuries, and with understandable reasons. Demons are evil creatures, they lurk in the shadow of the night and pound on unexpected victims to tear out their meat and eat them clean until not even bones were left. There were no justification for the actions of demons, even if they act in the name of hunger and to continue living.

But still, demons were once humans -- surely none of them were born to be evil. Maybe it was the circumstances, maybe because they were forced instead to abandon their humanity, maybe because most of them had reasons to become such vile creatures in the first place.

Maybe some of them were helpless children who understand little of how the world operates that they took the hand of the devil in exchange for safety.

That was something that both sides understood, despite the lack of words or the action of showing it. That they understood; slayers probably had to clench their eyes shut and forced their body to stand firm as they behead a demon who was a child a few hours ago; demons might be sobbing and repeatedly apologizing as they sunk their teeth into the body of their victims, too weak to fight off their demonic instinct. Of course there were the slayers and demons who enjoy killing each other, and then there were those who still hesitated to draw out their swords or swing their sharp talons to the enemy.

This endless fight could be stopped only when the demon king is gone. He was the root of all this mess, the one who started this all. He was the definition of the devil, refusing to make efforts on understanding the consequences of his actions and the suffering he had caused. He held himself as the highest form of living creature, that he stood above all and no one should oppose him.

Kibutsuji Muzan in not redeemable. But the other demons? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. The idea of demons changing sides and giving up because of their morality was something impossible -- the moment they became a demon and blood touched their lips, they could never refused their instinct. Hunger was the first thing they felt as a demon.

Standing in front of the two Hashiras, like he was the light flickering to life in the darkness, Tanjirou had made the impossible to be possible. The first demon to have the ability in cutting connection with Muzan? That alone sounds made up. Then there's the little sister Nezuko, the first demon to never have eaten humans and the first one to successfully refusing Muzan's influence the day she was turned into a demon. A fairytale story, a myth, an unbelievable event that actually happened. Not to mention Tanjirou had been gathering his own army of 'good' demons throughout the months of him supposedly being dead, and Nezuko actually befriending top Uppermoons and even managing to convince them in turning sides?

Shinobu had to sit down, and so did Giyuu. The black-haired man let his comrade grab onto his haori sleeve as they both sunk down onto the ground, like each another was the assurance of this whole thing to be real and not a dream. While these two Hashiras had a completely bewildered expression on their faces, Tanjirou and Akaza exchanged worry glances as they kept their mouth shut, finished with telling their stories.