𝙊𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨

|| 🌸🌸🌸 ||

|| 🌸🌸🌸 ||

Akaza had been staring into the sky for a very long time.

" He's really acting like a big brother to you." Gyutaro smiled as he patted Nezuko's head.

The Uppermoons expected her to beam and at least agreed with them -- not to dropped her shoulders, looked away and frowned sadly.

" I only...have one... big brother..."

A simple statement that determined Akaza's position in the demon girl's view. To her, he was not her big brother. Not now, not ever. He was simply her friend, nothing more than that. Even after a month after their meeting with the demon siblings, this was something he still couldn't forget.

Oddly, Akaza was disturbed by this. Clearly Nezuko had drawn the line where he's supposed not to cross, and he respected that...only that he wondered why did she looked so sad?

" I thought...that you would...go on a hunt..."

Akaza had to resist the urge to roll his eyes. Nezuko had made sure to pay a visit to Kokushibou twice a month and he had to give in after much persuasion ( Nezuko had refused to look at him for three days when he told her to forget Kokushibou ). Currently in the garden, Kokushibou was walking towards him with Nezuko sitting around his shoulders, letting her head resting on the demon's.

" I am still full," Akaza mumbled, " be careful, don't let her fall."

" Even if she falls...I can catch her easily..." The black-haired mused. He let Nezuko slipped off him before caught her back in his arms.

" Down." Nezuko required. As soon as she was on the ground, she ran off to explore the garden, an excited smile on her face.

Kokushibou made sure the girl was quite far enough before spoke to Akaza again, " You seem...to be troubled by something..."

Normally Akaza would replied with telling him to mind his business, but he saw nothing wrong if he just explained to Kokushibou. So he told the Uppermoon 1 about what was on his mind.

A few seconds later, Kokushibou voiced out his thought about this.

" She's a child...I say around 14 or less... when one becomes a demon at such a young age...what do you think...is the caused...? "

Then it hit Akaza.

" Her family might be killed by a demon." He slowly said. " Her blood mixed with the demon's. She still has her old memories even if she becomes a demon."

Akaza curled his fists at the thought of Nezuko being harmed by some demon. For a second, he almost yelled out on which demon that turned her into a demon, but then he stopped and looked at Kokushibou, who nodded at him.

Only Muzan or the Uppermoons could turned a human into a demon. Clearly not Akaza, not Kokushibou nor Gyutaro or Daki since they didn't seemed to know Nezuko before, and if it was Douma, then he would have eaten her first. Gyokko and Hantengu weren't the type to turn someone into a demon easily, they prefer eating them.

That's only left the demon king.

" With her memory as a human still... remained with her...I doubt she would...view any of us...more than friends..." Kokushibou changed back the topic to Nezuko, keeping their mind off about the fact that it was their leader who turned her into a demon.

"...I see..." Akaza turned to look at Nezuko, who was now chasing after some fireflies.

If being her friend would mean he could at least stay by her side and make her smile, that would be enough for Akaza.

________

Kokushibou left Nezuko with Akaza and went back inside. He walked passed the room he prepared for Nezuko, and gave it a glance and then stopped dead on his tracks.

Are those...?

Trying to calm himself over whatever he thought he had seen, Kokushibou walked inside the room and went to the box Nezuko had carried all this time. The door was slightly ajar.

" Hey, what are you doing? "

Kokushibou retreated back his hand to his side, late to look the inside of the box. Akaza was staring at him in suspicion, a sleeping Nezuko on his arm.

"...Nothing, the sun is about to rise... so stay here until then..." Kokushibou walked past the demons, ignoring the state given to him.

A slight frown was on his face.

Surely those weren't hanafuda earrings he just saw?

|| 💮💮💮 ||

Extra Notes :

• Kokushibou didn't managed to ask Nezuko about the earrings since she and Akaza left the moment the sun set

• Nezuko pouted along the way since Akaza didn't let her said goodbye to Kokushibou

• Akaza still feels suspicious on what Kokushibou was doing before.

• To make up for not letting Nezuko see Kokushibou, Akaza decided to visit the demon siblings again