𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

|| 🌸🌸🌸 ||

|| 🌸🌸🌸 ||

Tanjirou wasn't really sure what happened after he slayed the demon with many hands in the Final Selection.

He remembered continuing the rest of the test...then he met another demon and a human...and then he fought...and -- and --

He was losing his consciousness. His body seemed to need more rest. He was slammed onto a tree, his earrings plucked off him and more blood came out. The demon was charging towards him, the other person managed to defend him. He was dragged under a hole under a tree's root, perhaps to hide him from other demons. He heard some fighting and then silence.

And bones crunching.

Darkness consumed him next.

Tanjirou would've thought he was dead already if it wasn't for him to wake up and saw the clear blue sky of the daylight. His whole body hurts, pretty sure one of his rip was broken as well as his left ankle. His earrings were gone too, sadly. With all his might, he started to crawl out of the hole.

Miraculously, he managed to limp his way out to the exit of the place before the sun sets...but where were the others? It was empty.

The test -- has it finished already? Did he failed because he was late to arrive?

Tanjirou decided to head back to Urokodaki's.

_________

He kept his breathing steady, but he was at his limits. Tanjirou slumped his back against the wall of an empty hut, shaking from exhaustion and pain. The stick he had taken to help him walk laid beside him.

He had to return back. To Urokodaki.

To Nezuko.

" My, my, what do we have here? "

The boy wasn't sure who said that. He just wanted to sleep and rest. Plus, it was hard for him to breath, let alone sniff the person in front of him. His half-opened eyes tried to focus on the person, but it was all blurry to him. The fact that it was already night wasn't helping either.

" Might as well see if I can make a fine demon. "

Tanjirou's eyes snapped opened in realization, he inhaled so deeply he forgot the pain in his ribs.

This was the scent of he smelled back at his home, where his family was murdered.

Kibutsuji Muzan was in front of him.