𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣

| | | | |

| | | | |

When Nezuko was still with Akaza, he used to walk or jump on rooftop around the town or city they've been into. Walking on the main road would certainly caught unnecessary attention. However, now she was with Giyuu and Shinobu, barely even one person glanced at them.

Nezuko had to admit while it was refreshing to get a new kind of perspective, the number of people crowding the street was unpleasant. Giyuu and Shinobu found this troublesome as well, exchanging opinions as they went through the crowd, on how it would be difficult to detect the demon. It was also quite packed, so the two Hashiras were quickly looking for a place to sit.

Both of them had each hand holding Nezuko's wrists, and with the small demon in her child size, they looked quite like a family. The three of them slipped inside a restaurant, choosing one that was smaller and less people crowding in. Shinobu went to sit on the spot near the window, Giyuu and Nezuko followed suit, with the demon girl squeezing in between them.

" Report states that the last demon attack happened around this area. " Shinobu said, leaning close to Giyuu so her voice could be heard. " This particular demon targeted two or three group of people. Usually children. But the demon would always took one from the group. The leftover ones didn't recalled seeing their friend going missing. They claimed to not even remember a certain amount of time passed. As if they just blacked out for a few seconds. "

Giyuu tilted his head, whispering, " I also read in the report that there was one witness. A child, barely 10 years old. That's why the adults didn't believe him when he said he saw someone getting plucked off the ground into the darkness from the window of his room. I sent a few slayers to guard the child's home and the area around, just in case the demon targets the spot. "

Nezuko wiggled slightly in her seat. Gosh, if these two wanted to speak face to face, why didn't one of them just swapped places with her? Anyone who looked at the group in certain angle would have thought they were both kissing, with a pouting child squeezing between them.

Noticing the demon's discomfort, Giyuu leaned backwards. Shinobu raised an eyebrow at this, but said nothing. A waitress came to take their order, in which the Hashiras only ordered teas.

" We'll wait until pass midnight." Giyuu decided. " There's a roundabout fountain, the spot where the demon attack. People don't walk around that area anymore after many cases of missing people. "

Shinobu looked down at Nezuko. " How would you like to be a bait? "

The sudden question caught the Water Hashira off guard, as he looked at his companion in disbelief. Nezuko, however, tilted her head at this, both confused and intrigued.

Giyuu's eyebrows knitted, he leaned closer back to Shinobu. " What are you doing? "

" You said she can be a help to this mission, a proof of her being a good demon, " she clenched her teeth, her smile was fixed, " don't tell me you're protective over this demon? "