𝙐𝙥𝙨𝙚𝙩

|| 💮💮💮||

|| 💮💮💮||

"

Why did you go with that man? He may seem friendly, but he's such a fake! Now look at your state. " Akaza fumed. " Damn it, you really need to eat humans to quicken your regeneration..."

He tilted his head as peered into the hole on Nezuko's eye. The cut Douma had made on her cheeks seemed to be worsen than better, looking like it just had frostbite. Akaza clicked his tongue, remembering the demon's specialty with ice-like power. They were currently sitting in an empty hut, sitting nearby the fire place.

He sighed, standing up. " Wait here, I'll go get someone for you to eat -- "

Nezuko grabbed his ankle and shook her head. She took off her mouthpiece.

" N-N-No..."

" You have to eat to heal your wounds quicker. Let me go."

" No."

" Bamboo-girl, for goodness sake, you're a demon! " Akaza grunted. " You have to eat humans! God, it's so simple! That's the first thing demons feel when being turned into demons! The urge to eat humans! "

" No! "

Nezuko grabbed her mouthpiece and threw it to the demon. It bounced off him harmlessly, but that still shook him.

" You! " Nezuko pointed at him. " You! Leave! Me! Wait! You! So long! "

You left me! I waited for you! For so long!

" Go look! You! Weeks! Alone! Me! "

I looked for you for weeks! I was all alone!

" I scared! Wonder! You! Where?! "

I was scared! I wondered where were you!

" Now you! You...! " She began to grow in size, transforming into her teenage form. " You there! Sudden! Grab me! Yell me?! "

Now you just suddenly appeared, grabbed me away and then yelled at me?!

" Hate you! "

Nezuko finished, panting heavily, as she just screamed out the longest words she could pronounced at the moment. Without looking at the demon, she grabbed her box and ran out of the hut.

Akaza had to process what just happened. Not only this was the first time she got angry and yelled at him, he also just found out that she could changed her size?

And as everything sink inside him, he realized that, he only had himself to blame for her reaction.

__________

The only place Nezuko could go to was Urokodaki's, but not wanting to trouble the old man, she just kept running towards unknown location. She was still angry, tears still wetting her cheeks. The audacity of that demon to be angry with her when he himself disappeared for weeks!

Nezuko was too busy wiping her tears to look to the front, until she bumped into someone and fell to the ground on her bottom.

"... It's you...again..."

It was the demon with six eyes. There was a stain of blood on his lips, but he wiped it away clean. Nezuko could still smelled the scent of blood coming from him though. This just fueled her anger more.

" Hate! Demons! "

She stood up and literally kicked Kokushibou. Not once, but many times.

Kokushibou watched the small demon went on a tartrum. Akaza must have rubbed off some of his anger issue on her. It didn't hurt, the kicks, but somehow she gained more strength and sent one last kick, where Kokushibou was taken back by how his knees buckled a little.

" Are you done? " He grabbed her head to stop her from moving.

Nezuko stopped and breathed heavily. She bit her lips and cried more. Kokushibou removed his hands and stared at her. He noticed that she was more bigger than before, now looking like a teenager instead. There was no scent of Uppermoon 3 around, so he assumed that Akaza had done something to upset the demon girl.

"...Come with me..." Kokushibou grabbed her hand.

Nezuko shook her head, remembering the last time with Douma.

" I won't...hurt you..." The Uppermoon 1 noticed that her injured eye had just healed, indicating that she had slow regeneration. The cut on her cheek slowly getting better too.

Kokushibou stuffed his hand into his kimono, bringing out a small tissue. He passed it to Nezuko, who took it and wiped her tears. Now that she had becoming more quiet, Kokushibou picked her up from the ground and leaped off the ground to the trees, heading towards his place in high speed.

Nezuko just placed her head on his shoulders, sniffing. Before she knew it, sleep had come to greet her.

_________

Akaza was surprised to have Kokushibou inviting him to his place, as they both had non so friendly comrades relationship. But once he entered the place, he understood why he was called there.

" How did you find her? " Akaza questioned, kneeling down to look closer on a sleeping Nezuko, bundled up in a blanket, breathing softly.

" She bumped into me...crying..." Kokushibou simply replied before staring at Akaza, waiting for some explanation.

The Uppermoon 3 sighed. " She doesn't eat humans. I tried to persuade her so her wounds would heal faster, but she got angry and ran off."

" How strange...a demon who doesn't eat humans..."

" Yeah."

"....So this is not about...you leaving her...? "

"...And that too."

The demons looked back towards Nezuko, finding themselves at ease to see her unbothered with anything.

" She keeps following me around, " Akaza said, " I don't know why. I hated it at first, but then I began to tolerate with it. I tried to make her leave me, but now...it feels odd. It feels like I don't want to leave her."

Kokushibou decided not to ask why Akaza left her in the first place. He already had a hunch that the demon was training to get stronger after failing a mission, blinded with the need to become better that he must have forgotten about the demon girl.

" Hey, why did you treat her nicely? " Akaza frowned, turning back to the black-haired demon. " It's weird. I never seen you like...this."

" And the same...goes for you too." Kokushibou pointed that out. " This girl...I find her intriguing enough...for me to be curious..." He stood up and walked towards the door.

" By tomorrow's twilight, leave...bring that girl too...if you must..."

Once the door closed, Akaza looked at Nezuko. The wounds on her had completely healed and she didn't seemed to be in any discomfort.

' You were right, ' Akaza thought, ' I shouldn't have left you alone like that for a long time. I won't do it again.'

And just like that, his walls broke down and he welcomed Nezuko to be a part of his life now.