𝘼 𝙑𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙩

||🌸🌸🌸||

||🌸🌸🌸||

" Uppermoon 3."

Hearing the familiar voice of the demon who guarded the infinity castle, Akaza stopped dead on his track. Nezuko, who had been dozing off as she followed behind, accidentally smacked her forehead onto Akaza's leg.

" Your presence is requested in the infinity castle by Muzan this midnight." Nakime announced." Lord Muzan has a mission for you."

" Understood." He replied back.

Nezuko looked up at him in confusion, not hearing any of the conversation between the demons. Muzan allowed Nakime to be able communicating with other Uppermoon demons so she could told them any meetings with Muzan.

" Bamboo-girl," Akaza turned to Nezuko, " I have to go somewhere that you can't follow at the moment. I am not sure when I will be back."

He paused. Where would she go? Can she survive without him? Would she be okay on her own?

" Do you...have somewhere else to go?" The pink-haired demon mumbled.

Nezuko thought about it for a moment. She had a place she wanted to go back for a while, but wasn't sure how to tell him. But thanks to Akaza teaching her how to write this couple of days, she could write some kanji.

So she kneeled down and traced something on the dirt. Akaza raised an eyebrow as he read the words.

" Sagiri Mountain."

__________

" I have to go now." Akaza said the moment he done helping Nezuko arriving at the foot of the Sagiri Mountain. " I guess... I'll see you soon?"

Nezuko nodded and waved at him. Honestly, this could have been it. He could have just put her there and never come back. She seemed fine, he already taught her a few basic things on how to defend herself, so she would be fine if he left her, right?

Yet, as Akaza leaped onto the tree, he couldn't helped but to spare a glance towards the demon girl. The thought of leaving her behind felt somehow heavy for him.

The wall of his crumbled more.

_________

Urokodaki already suspected a demon to be outside his house, based on the scent.

Yet, would demon knocked on the door before entering?

Still on guard, with a sword in his hand, he opened the door and found himself facing someone he never thought he'd see again in such a short time.

" Nezuko."

The demon girl smiled behind her mouthpiece.

Tiredness left the old man's body as he invited her in, quite happy to see her looking all right. Nezuko excitedly made her way in as she found a spot to make herself comfortable. Urokodaki wondered how it had been for her ever since she left. Honestly, as a former demon slayer, he should have handed her to the corps right away when Tanjirou's death was confirmed. He shouldn't have left a demon roaming around freely. Yet, the two years of him watching out for the Kamado siblings, he knew that Nezuko must have never let her lips touched the blood of others.

Since Nezuko couldn't really speak that well, Urokodaki decided to tell her of anything interesting happening to him while she was gone. The demon girl sat there and listened, never once looking bored.

Only when it began to turn brighter outside, he realized he had been talking for hours. With the sun already coming up, Nezuko yawned, wanting to sleep now.

" Nezuko, I have something for you." Urokodaki remembered something that he had to give to the demon girl.

He stood up and went into another room, returning with a small box in his hands. He kneeled down in front of Nezuko and opened the lid.

Inside, was a pair of hanafuda earrings.

Realization struck Nezuko. She slowly took the earrings, admiring it from each side. The feeling of the surface, the design, the worn-out looking earrings...this belonged to her late big brother.

" This was all they found at the mountains." Urokodaki continued." As you are the only Kamado left, I believe the earrings are now yours -- "

He didn't get to finish his sentence properly once Nezuko engulfed him in an embrace. Startled at first, Urokodaki noticed the girl's shoulders began to shake slightly and a sniff sound was heard.

And all he could do was to pat her and comforted her.

Nezuko was so grateful that she still remembered her brother.

________

Akaza lazily swung his feet, sitting on a branch of a tree, as he observed the area. Honestly, he didn't feel please to help a Lower Moon in a mission, but since it was Muzan who ordered him to, who is he to refuse?

This wouldn't be so bad if the bamboo-girl was around --

" What?" Akaza caught himself.

Did he really missed the girl?

He bit his nail in frustration. During these time he spent with that girl, he he found himself worrying that she would get weak if she didn't eat humans, or she would get killed by slayers if she was left alone for too long.

But he actually wanted her to leave, right?

He kept telling himself that, but his heart felt heavy.

Akaza looked up at the sound of an approaching train coming. Knowing it was the time for action, he stood up and stretched himself, throwing away any thoughts of the bamboo-girl.

Finally.