𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡

✿◉●•◦◦•●◉✿

✿◉●•◦◦•●◉✿

Tanjirou is dead. That was something Nezuko had to accept, a fact that took her months for her to completely sink it and let her brother rest in piece.

Which messed up minded person had the gut to use the same face as his now in front of her? Who would dare to look at her with the same kind eyes as her brothers? To speak to her in the same voice as his, to utter out words to gain her trust? That Tanjirou was still alive in front of her, moving around swiftly to dodge her attack? Her brother did not have the same aura as a demon's. Whoever was wearing the same appearance as Tanjirou in front her now was not her brother.

Who cares what's wrong and what's right? Some bastard thought it would be a funny thing to have Nezuko being taunted by the image of her breathing brother when she knew very well her brother was long gone. Her brother was not a demon. Her brother was a human and he died as one.

Vision blurry from the pooling tears in her eyes, Nezuko swiped her arm down, yet again unable to hit the 'fake' Tanjirou. The pink flame swirling around her body did have some affects on her opponent, when he let out a pained hiss and hopped onto a tree. She would have split the tree in half to bring him down if it wasn't for the pair of muscular arms wringing around her arms, trapping her from moving freely.

"Get a grip, Nezuko!" Having a fake Tanjirou wasn't enough, they even dared to present another one in the appearance of Akaza?

With a shout of anger, Nezuko bend down and the flame started to burn the demon behind her. 'Fake' Akaza let her go, howling in pain as he tried to shake off the fire from his arms but found that his effort was naught when the flame stayed firmly, burning onto his skin. Instead, he cut off his burning arm and turned back to the demon girl, a look of desperation and sadness flickered onto his face. The sight of it just angered Nezuko more -- what right did this fake one had to look at her like that with such pity? He took a step forward again, but then paused as if something had just occurred in his mind.

"...That's right. " The 'fake' Akaza slowly opened his arms, his expression turned somber and neutral. " You're angry. You should be. I left you alone, not once but twice, in danger. I wasn't quick enough to come to your aid even though I am should be fast and strong. "

His voice shook slightly, he bit his lips as he stood still.

" It must be scary. Facing with both slayers and hostile demons, huh? "

Nezuko stared at him, unsure what to make of this. His expression seemed genuine, and he knew about the time he left her alone for two weeks until she had to go find him herself and stumbling across the other Uppermoons. Still, she kept her stance and remained a safe distance. She jumped slightly at the sound of a branch snapping behind her, and she looked over to see the imposter Tanjirou standing just as still as imposter Akaza. For a moment, she thought he intentionally broke the branch with his step to alert his presence so he wouldn't scare her too much.