𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙

꧁༺♡♡♡༻꧂

꧁༺♡♡♡༻꧂

Had it always been this quiet? Nezuko didn't care, only tightening her grip around the demon she had found herself dearly missed. She felt her large hand stroking her head softly, him cradling her in his arms with care.

" I've been trying to find you. You really are troublesome. "

She giggled at his teasing, rubbing her face into the crook of his neck. Nezuko pulled back slowly, smiling in content and was about to say something when she froze at the sight of the figure who was now holding her. It was no longer Akaza --

" Big brother will protect you no matter what. " Tanjirou's smile usually warmed up her heart, but in this situation...the demonic girl realized that this was not real. Even though his hand was warm as he patted her head. Even though his eyes held the familiar twinkle in them.

Akaza wasn't here, nor was Tanjirou. Her realization was confirmed as she felt a pain shot through her body, shattering whatever illusion she had. She was now facing the dark night sky, her back against the ground and voices began to fill in her hearing. Someone had their hands around her arm, shaking her a little. Darting her eyes to her side, the two Hashiras were still there with serious expressions on their faces.

" Really thought you were a goner there for a second. " Shinobu sighed, an injection needle in her hand. " That was quite a powerful demon. Must be a step away from becoming a lower rank. Thankfully one of my medicine works. "

" It wouldn't have any side effects on her, would it? " Giyuu asked, eyes darting around on the demon's figure in search for any injuries. Though, even if she had one, it should have healed by now.

The two adults didn't noticed the wrinkle on Nezuko's face; how bitter she looked. It was the demon's illusion, it wasn't real. This made her felt disappointed and sad -- mostly because she saw Tanjirou. Her dead big brother. She let Giyuu helped her got into her feet, the three of them now returning back to their temporary staying place. Nezuko was in daze, in and out of reality touch and only hearing bits of the Hashiras' conversation. The demon before had flee from the scene, and both Giyuu and Shinobu had some dirt on their uniforms and a cut on their cheeks.

Nezuko frowned. There would be no way Akaza would hurt any woman, how could she imagined him doing so for her sake? It felt selfish. How embarrassing. She mentally scolded herself and wiped away the tears pooling in her eyes angrily.

Shinobu noticed her behavior. " What is it? Is something the matter? "

The demon girl shook her head, not wanting to share her problem. The Insect Hashira stared at her for a few seconds before humming in reply and didn't pushed it further, whether she understood or decided that it wasn't her place to ask.

Giyuu brushed the dirt off Nezuko and fixed her hair a little as they entered an alley leading to the public street. " The demon wouldn't be going out any moment now that she knew there are slayers here. We'll do more patrolling in the area until we can find her or until there are no more signs of her staying in the place. "