Chapter 4: Cover ups (Louis' POV)

I turned to see Chelsea' s mom looking at the two of us with her arms crossed. We were in deep shit. Chelsea looked at me, then back at her mom."Oh hey mom. We were just having a staring contest." I scoffed. Wow. What a lame excuse! A staring contest? Good one Chelsea.

"Oh. For a second it looked like you too were about to kiss!" She laughed. She believed it. She actually believed it! My job was saved!

Chelsea stood up. "Really? I just met the guy. What makes you think I would want to kiss him?" she pointed at me with her thumb, but didn't even bother to look at me. Ok. That hurt a little bit. Chelsea turned back to me, telling me silently to play along. Obviously, I wasn't going to flat out say that her daughter was lying.

"Oh, erm... Yeah. Wouldn't kiss her." I managed to say, but had to look away quickly. I was always a bad liar. But her mom seemed to believe me, so once again, I got lucky. "By the way, what are you doing home so early?" I heard Chelsea ask her mom. "Well, when you didn't respond in your phone call, I got worried and came home."

Chelsea nodded and looked around the room, as if she was seeing the room for the first time. This was definitely awkward. I just stood there humming, probably looking like an idiot. "Well, thank you so much Louis. You have no idea how grateful I am to have you!" Chelsea's mom said.

She started to dig through her purse. She handed me a 20 dollar bill and a 10. "Oh no, no ma'am. You don't have to do that." I said as I backed away from her hand. "Oh hush up and take it. You deserve it!" Yeah. I really deserve it for walking in on your daughter in her bra, having her almost kill me, and then almost kissing her. I really deserved it. (Note my sarcasm)

"Really. I can't accept it." She sighed and put it back in her purse. She lifted her head up and smiled at me. "You're too sweet." She said as she pinched my cheek. Ok, that was a total grandma move. But I just smiled and headed towards the door. "Thanks again Louis! I'll see you again tomorrow night."

"Bye ma'am, bye Chelsea." I turned to wave and the same back. Right before I walked out the door, I heard Ms. Halpert say to Chelsea, "So, how was your night?" I smiled. I wondered what she would say. I started to walk down the street. I saw my porch light on and opened my front door. I heard the tv on in the living room and headed in that direction.

"Hey babe!" I heard my beautiful girlfriend from the recliner she was sitting I walked over to her and kissed her passionately. I felt kind of bad for almost kissing Chelsea. "So how was the baby?" She asked in her sweet tone. I nodded. "She was fine. Really easy to get her to fall asleep." She pulled out her phone, and her thumbs went to work. "Yeah. Cool." She said half heartedly.

She never really payed attention to me. She was always on that damn phone. I sighed and walked towards our bedroom, stripped down to only my boxers, and fell asleep with Chelsea on my mind.