Chapter 20:Hamburger Patties (Louis' POV)

Chelsea went to the store about two hours ago. We've been texting back and fourth since she left, but she stopped texting back an hour and a half ago. I was starting to get worried. She said she saw an old friend there, so at least the friend will keep an eye on her.

I was in the kitchen with Chelsea's mom helping her out make hamburger patties while she made some home made buns. When she turned around, I quickly pulled out my phone and typed out one last message.

"Baby, please just message me when you get this. I'm bored with out you :)"

I pressed the send button and put my phone back into my pocket. I wasn't just bored, I was just worried, but I didn't want to be an annoying over protective boyfriend.

I waited for my phone to vibrate as I continued to pat down the ground beef into a hamburger shape. "So. How is your relationship with Chelsea?" Chelsea's mom finally spoke up. I looked up and smiled at her.

"Its going great. She is amazing." I said as I concentrated on getting some meat from between my rubber gloves. "How did you feel when she said she was in love with you?" I sighed an shut my eyes at the beautiful memory. "It made my spine tingle."

"Was that the first time she said she loved you?" She was being unintentionally nosy, but it didn't bother me. I like anything that ha to do with Chelsea. I shook my head. "Did she tell you first?" She looked up from her rolling pin with an enthusiastic smile on her face.

"Actually, no. I said it first. I came home one night with a bouquet of flowers and I told her that I was in love with her." She squealed in excitement. "When was that?" I laughed at that question. "The second day we met." Her eyes had concern in them.

"Wait, you told her you loved her after the second time you have even seen her?" I nodded. She wiped her forehead with her arm, which left a streak of flour. "Are you sure you meant it? Love is a big deal, and I don't want to see her heartbroken. There are guys who have told her that to get to second base."

I gasped at the thought of playing her. I shook my head. "Oh my gosh no!" I said. I never wan to sew her heartbroken. Who would do that to an angel? Her mom smiled. "I didn't think so. I can see it in your eyes how much you love her. You would jump in front of a train for her."

I thought about that. I thought about her getting in a car accident. I thought about somebody putting a gun at her head. At that moment, I realized that I would go to the ends of the earth for that girl. "I would do that any day." I honestly said.

"Okay. I only know one other guy that she has dated that meant it when he said he loved her. her. She made a mistake by cheating on him and they were both devastated. He broke up with her, but he was in such a depression that he moved back to Europe. He was British too." She said while wiping her flour-covered hands on her apron.

"Oh, who was that?" I asked not paying much attention. "Some kid named Harry styles. Really sweet kid." I froze as she said the name. "Who?" I asked not sure if I heard the name right?" "Harry. She was really serious. She told me that she saw him at the store today."

I instantly panicked. I didn't want to risk losing Chelsea to my best mate. "Time to put those patties on a grill. Here, let me show you how to do it." She said walking up to me. Just then my phone vibrated in my back pocket.

I instantly pulled put my phone to see if Chelsea text me back. I was wrong. It just said that my phone was dying. "Where is she?" I mumbled under my breath. I looked up to see Chelsea's mom staring at me.

"Erm. Sorry." I said. She patted my shoulder. "I was about to drive to the store to check on her, but you can go do it." I looked at her with hopeful eyes. "Are you sure?" I asked. She nodded with a reassuring smile. I kissed her cheek and pulled my car keys out of my pocket.