Chapter 2 - I can die

"Are you going to be okay?" I looked at Celeste as she sat down on the bed next to me.

"What do you mean?"

"Your babies are part vampire, which means they will need your blood, plus human food; at least we think so. This is all ground we aren't even sure about." I looked down at Rayne in my arms and pulled his lips back, of course seeing no teeth.

"So, if it's blood...."

"You will have to make a wound for them to drink. My guess would be like breast feeding, cut a small wound by the nipple."

"And ruin my favorite play things," Grayson muttered, coming out of the bathroom with a sleeping Rosemina in his arms.

"You don't have to do that Fire, but even those special babies know what they need to do, and that is easier to latch onto." I smirked as I looked at Grayson who looked at the kids.

"You are lucky I love you two," he mumbled.

"Grayson, who do you think is going to have to make the wound? And quite often for as fast as I can heal?" And that perked him right back up again. I shook my head at him and brushed the hair back off of Rayne's face. He took after Grayson with those devilish looks but he did manage to capture my red eyes. And Rosemina had that dark hair that was all me along with Grayson's dark eyes. Only being a couple hours old, we couldn't say much about personalities though. But, I was told by Judith that wolf pups tend to grow up faster; and according to Celeste, I did too. So, the thought was to be believed that these two would develop faster. But, who could honestly say, right?

Rayne shifted and then his eyes opened, looking right at me and I smiled. Never thought I would see this day, that just hours ago I would have given birth to two babies; but hell if I wanted to put them down. They were never unwanted, just quite the surprise. And I guess, looking back on it, maybe not. After all, I was born and that was due back to magic.

"Hi little man." I brushed my fingers over his little cheek and felt my heart melt. Sure, we had the doctor visits and checkups to at least make sure they were okay, but it wasn't like anyone could tell me anything about me. After all, who the hell would know if I was normal? So, we relied on the fact that the God's would keep me safe.

Rayne scrunched up his little face and let out a big wail. "My time to leave. But we do need to talk, Fire," Celeste said as she got off the bed, allowing Grayson to take the spot next to me.

"Let me help you." He put Rosemina down and pulled my top down, smirking as he leaned forward and pulled my nipple into his mouth, sucking on it for a moment before gently biting it. Once he tasted the blood, he pulled back and I settled Rayne there, watching as he latched on to the nipple.

"I think you enjoyed that," I told Grayson, looking up at him through my lashes.

"What can I say? Sucks you had to take the rings out though."

"I can put them back in later." I wrinkled my brow as I looked down at Rayne.

"What?" Grayson asked, watching the two of us intently.

"Go grab some milk, please. I don't think they will do well off of just blood."

"On it." I rocked Rayne as I watched him, his little hand holding onto mine. And after a few minutes, Grayson came back, two bottles in hand. "Figured she would be waking up soon too."

"Probably." I unlatched Rayne and gave him to Grayson. "If he refuses the milk that's fine. Or if he starts spitting up."

"Got it." Grayson sat next to me and gave Rayne the bottle, which he quickly gulped down. "Dude, you just had quite a bit, slow down."

"It's not like he's had a lot of food, you know, since I can't really eat." Grayson looked up at me and smiled.

"There is no denying there is magic about this or us, huh?"

"I think the biggest clue that your vampire wife was getting a bigger tummy by carrying around pups." With that, I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"I know you might find this odd, but that is something that will forever be in my memory. I don't think I will ever see it again."

"No, hon, something tells me you won't." Rayne stopped sucking and Grayson burped him then put him down, right as Rosemina woke up for her feeding.

15 minutes later, Rosemina was feed ad back in her bed and I was snuggled in Grayson's arms, my hands running over his chest, my thoughts twisting and tumbling all over each other.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Them, us, the future we have, a war coming and we are to fight it, they are to fight it. You know the eclipse is coming soon, right?"

"I know, and there have been talks about it; mom wants a party." I rolled my eyes at that.

"Why?"

"Because her son will be king, that's a big deal," he said as he hands kept running over my back and side.

"And her daughter in law who is a vampire will be queen."

"That too." He chuckled and kissed my head. "You think the kids will have to go with the witches too?"

"Without a doubt, actually. They must learn what we did if they are to rule after us."

"You; you live longer than any of us."

"Yes, but I can die. Once you go..." I trialed off. We both knew what would happen, my life was now based upon his and nothing was forever anymore.

"Now that they are born, I have to have the official Alpha ceremony for Dylan." I leaned back and looked at him.

"You do, even if he's not ready."

"None of us really ever are. Hell, a lot of the time it's learning as you go."

"Are you ready for all of this? To fight, to rule, to watch over?" Grayson sighed, cupped my cheek and shrugged.

"Ready, I'm not sure about. Do we have any choice, no. While you were recovering from the birth, I got some news from Elric."

"I'm not going to like it am I?" I asked, wrinkling my brows.

"No. There was an attack in a remote village in the Eastern part of South America. There were 15 humans bleed dry by four rabid vampires. They aren't going out one by one anymore, Fire; they are going out in groups.

"And though it's a shitty pill to swallow, you and I, and I guess these two little ones, are going to have to be the force that needs to go against them. They are killing humans and these demons are killing us. I guess the days of our carefree lives are over, not that we really had any." He laughed and placed a kiss on the top of my head. "I know you don't like it, but you and I will take on everything together, this won't be any different." I thought about that and guess it was true. These demons were upping the stakes it seemed and it was time we did too.