Chapter 4 - Demonio

"You had one job to do, one! And yet, you screwed that up?" The man paced, his folded hands behind his back, his blonde hair spiked from the endless amounts of time his fingers had combed through it and his purple eyes blazing in fury.

"Demonio, I'm sorry, I don't know how she escaped."

"You are a fool, General. Do you think I want Fire for just some easy old reason?"

"She is beautiful..." The demon God roared in anger and the other man backed down.

"Yes, she is, but that has nothing to do with what I want her for. Fire is unique and I have you told that plenty of times. Now, because you stupid, useless vampire has lost her, I must find a way to track her again."

"She might come to another party?"

"Have you always been this stupid and I just never noticed it? No, you half wit, she would not come." Demonio let out a breath before he did something he would regret, like string the vampire up. He could do that though. Cultivating his army was grueling and he needed three powerful members one from each super natural to serve him. And though the vampires were easy to convince, it was hard to keep one loyal. So, as much as The General upset him, he could not kill him. However, hurting him wouldn't be bad.

"What do you need her for? What purpose could she have?"

"You have noticed how the demons bodies start to decay rather quickly, correct?"

"Yes, I was curious about that. Why is that?"

"Because supernatural's are not meant to be possessed. My children are meant to live in humans, not everyone else."

"So, how do you stop that?"

"With the blood of someone that you let slip through your God damn fingers." Demonio watched as The General struggled with that before it finally clicked.

"That's why you needed Fire."

"She was created to go against me, but I found the loop hole. If I can get her before she knows it, I can use her blood to help their organs, to give them longevity."

"You can't find her?" Demonio closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"If it would have been that easy for me to do, do you think I would have needed you? Or asked for your help? Not like you did anything really."

"It was my party."

"Please! I helped you every party in hopes she would finally come, so don't even give me that." The General nodded, knowing it was best to shut up. "Get me the book."

"Why?"

"The God's created her to destroy my demons, but they would have created a beloved for her, I just need to see who. Or figure out what vampire that would be."

"I will go get it." The General ran up to his room, looking by his bed side, on either table and in the drawers, frowning as he saw nothing there. "Where did I put it?" he muttered as he looked on his desk and in the drawers there.

His eyes narrowed slightly as he lifted his head up and walked over to the bookshelf on the wall, his eyes skimming over all the book bindings but not finding the one he was searching for. And he could have sworn that he left it somewhere in here. And it's not like anyone went into his private quarters; everyone knew that was off limits. In fact, his cleaning crew was special that came in here and the last person he even slept with in here was Mariana. And he knew he had seen the book since then.

The one and only other place it may be would be in the library downstairs. And the problem with that would be coming across Demonio. He would have to explain why he was looking for it and he really didn't want to. He had seen numerous degrees of bloodshed and loss of life and nothing had ever bothered him. He had a reputation, which was all true and he relished it. And nothing had ever scared him nor bothered him. Well, that was until the one time he saw Demonio angry over the loss of his first demons.

The God had wanted to rip anything and everything to shreds, and he did. The few wolves he had left had suffered his wrath. There were many pieces of them to clean up after that. And he had vowed never to piss the God off that much because he never wanted to be on the receiving end of that anger. And yet, he could have seen the anger and the smoldering inferno blazing in the depths of the God's eyes when he mentioned the loss of Fire. Although, he was never told how important she was to this plan.

The last thing he wanted to do was tell this same God that he had another minor problem. And he knew that he wouldn't find it below; he never took the book down there. Anytime he worked on it, it was here in his office or in the bedroom . He sighed as he walked to the locked drawer and found the sheets that he had copied. That was it; all he had and he knew that he always kept them together. Which means someone stole them but whom? No one knew of the book. And all vampires knew nothing of Sol.

With a rather loud exhale of breath and a straight back, he walked out of his room and down to where the God was at. His only consolation that nothing could happen to him was the fact the God needed him just like he was in need of the other Alpha and Witch. He couldn't kill The General for there was no time to find anyone as loyal.

He walked into the room and sat down at the table across from the God. Demonio eyed the vampire, not seeing the book anywhere on him. "Let me guess," the God started as he leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest, "the book is gone?"

"I would say stolen."

"By who?"

"I don't know. No one would even know about the book."

"Your plaything?"

"Mariana? No, she wouldn't know what it was or who it was about, let alone being able to read it." Demonio just lifted a brow. "No, I know she wouldn't have."

"Don't be a fool. It's not like Mariana and Fire don't know each other."

"But what would Fire know of the book?" Demonio rolled his eyes and in a flash had The General lifted up by his throat.

"Don't underestimate Fire. She is not like you! I know who she is and you don't. You have already been duped by her once before, do not make the same mistake again."