Chapter 33 - The weapons

I knew I should probably have been shocked, but these were my kids, special in their own right and the fact that Goddesses talked to them in their dreams just seemed too normal. I might have been a little more worried, I think if they told me Sol talked to them. I glanced at Grayson who merely shrugged his own response and I laughed.

"And how did you mold it, that stone is hard, none of us could do that," I asked him, holding out my hand for him to put the stone in it. I looked closer at the rock that he was playing with and watched as he shrugged.

"The stone, um might, be hard, mommy, but it's warm. Don't you feel it?" I measured the weight in my hand, and felt the thickness, but nothing felt hot. I shook my head at him and then handed it to Grayson who also shook his head as well.

"No, Rayne, it's not hot to me, but it might be to you and that's okay." I sat down on the couch and he crawled on my lap, his arm coming around my neck.

"I have special powers, huh?" he asked.

"You do sweetie, you and your sister. You are both unique." His tiny hands played with my hair and his red eyes glanced into mine.

"Is that why we don't play with other kids?" I tried so hard not to laugh or snicker. How could I explain that they were alone in this world, that at this moment, no one was like them and therefore no one could know about them yet?

"Rayne, you and your sister," I started and then stopped, looking at the crowd for help but they all just shook their heads. They would understand what was going on, why this might be harder to explain, and they were just as much at a loss for words as I was. "It's dangerous for you two, and for mommy and daddy if a lot of people knew about you. There have never been two hybrids, not even one, in our life. Hybrids don't exist, they can't.

"But you two have other powers that make it all possible. And if anyone found out before the time was ready, you two could be lost to us. This is why it's very important that you are always with someone who is in this room because they will take care of you." And that was the truth. Everyone here knew who Grayson and I were to be, which meant they all knew that these two little ones were the prince and princess, and just like they would lay down their lives for their king and queen, they would do the same for this young royalty.

"Got it, mommy." I stared into those eyes, so much like my own, and saw wisdom there that went far beyond his age. Their words might be limited, but they grasped a hell of a lot more than we understood.

"Good, Rayne. Now, want to go with us while we take these stones to daddy's friend?"

"You don't need me for that so I'm going to bail out. Your blood helped, Fire, but I need a decent meal." I nodded and then glanced at Elric, who nodded as well.

"Take a friend with you. Not that I don't trust you, I don't trust what this world is becoming," I told him and Derrick nodded and walked out with Elric, both Anna and Betty bidding their farewells as well. "Tessa, why don't you go with Jonah and rest up too? We can handle this; after all, it's going to be our blood to help forge it." Tessa nodded and followed the crowd out. I turned my attention to Grayson who lifted Rosemina up. "Are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be. Come on, babe," he said, holding out his hand for me. I took as I stood back up, Rayne taking my free hand. He opened the door and then stopped, as did we when we saw the three people on the other side.

"Let us accompany you; you're going to need it."

"And here I thought, you all were leaving us to handle everything on our own," Grayson said, walking out of the room. The trio followed the group and the twins kept looking back at them, smiling as they went.