Chapter 6 - Two sides

"Wow," Derrick said, resting his arms on the table. "I agree with Alpha Anna, it will be hard to follow a wolf, but I will follow you for as long as I can." Around the table, everyone nodded.

"Perfect. That being said, we will need your area of expertise." I looked up at Jonah and Tessa. "As far as go witches, your knowledge of medicine is uncanny, and of all the families that I know of, your family knows the most; which is why you will be helping in the ways of healing when the time comes. Along with that, help figure out if it's possible to undo a change. Finally, as one who has knowledge of older languages, I will need your help on figuring out Sol's book."

"You want us to understand a language that doesn't exist?" Tessa asked and Grayson smiled.

"Well, even us who have limited understanding were able to pick up on a few things; so I have all the faith in you two to come up with something." Tessa rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"I knew you would always put me to work," she huffed out, making us laugh.

"Yes, we both knew that. Now, Elric and Derrick, as vampires, in the way of understanding what we will be up against, we need to figure out how to defeat these demons. We need weapons that should work but we also need to understand these demons, how they are created and why they die so quickly. Of course, I will be there to help."

"Anna and Dylan, we all need to figure out who is strong enough that can help us fight, besides our own packs. While the leeches," Grayson said, tossing a smirk my way which caused me to roll my eyes, "are working on the demons, I have a suspicion they have help and we need to work on who and why, what's the purpose."

"Help, like what?" Dylan asked.

"Other supernaturals. The General wasn't just a pretty face, I believe. He had something to do with those demons and we need to figure out what," Grayson answered. "And even though we all have solo projects, we still need to regroup and see what info we can come up with. I think we should meet back here in a week, is that okay with everyone?" As they nodded, I stepped up again.

"Dylan's Alpha ceremony will be next week and though you don't have to go, we'd love for you to be there.

"All of us?" Derrick asked as I smirked.

"Leeches included. Most of Grayson's ex pack here knows their Alpha at that time was mated to a vampire. Of course no one knows why he is stepping down, although a lot of them are assuming it's because of that fact." I glanced at Grayson, who smiled. "When the time comes in a couple of weeks, we'd also like you to be there for our coronation. The crowd won't be many people but a few more beyond you."

"The chance to see Grayson embarrassed, you can count on us luv's," Anna said, leaning back in her chair with a smile.

"Thank you Anna," Grayson threw back at her which caused a smile to come from Anna. "Well if you have no questions, you are good to go. You all are at the same hotel, on the same floor, which is all rented out so you can talk as much as you need to," Grayson said. Everyone stood up and bid us a good bye and walked out, leaving Grayson and myself alone.

"Not too bad of a first meeting," I said as I sat down and crossed my arms. Grayson squatted before me, his hands on my knees.

"Are you okay?" I smiled at him as my hand reached out and cupped his cheek.

"This damn bond is picking up on my feelings, huh?"

"Yes." His head turned and he kissed my palm. "What are you thinking? Or what has you feeling so worried?"

"Honestly, you and I." He wrinkled his brows at my answer.

"What about us Fire?" I sat forward, resting my forehead against his and sighed. My current thoughts were had enough to grasp and put together, let alone voice into something anyone would understand, even someone who could feel my inner turmoil.

"You know there are two sides to every coin right? A good to every bad?"

"Sure, it's the law, it's how it goes." He pulled back and wrinkled his brows as he looked at me. "What are you saying? That one of us is bad?"

"No, not at all. But The General told me I was being watched, that I was being wanted."

"Yes?"

"And then the Gods said we were created to fight this war against Sol's brother."

"Do you not believe them Fire?" His hands slowly rubbed my legs and I tilted my head.

"Oh, no, I believe them. But I'm also thinking, and feeling, I guess that there is more to this story. When I know the book will explain when we get there."

"I love you Fire, you know this. And you know I will always stand with you, but none of this is explaining what is going on in your mind. So, spit it out, and I will try my best to work through it."

"If we can be used for good, all of us in our little family here..." I paused and Grayson slowly lifted a brow, his lips thinning out.

"You think we could be used for evil?"

"Why not? Why couldn't Demonio find a way to use us? Was that why I was being watched? Do they know about you? About the kids?" Grayson sat back, his own thoughts starting to turn. The Gods never said anything; was it because they didn't think it was possible? Or that they may not have known?

"Fire, I don't want to test that out."

"Neither do I." He lunged forward and quickly wrapped his arms around me. I held onto him and he slowly shook his head.

"You know I would give anything to protect you and our babies," he whispered, rubbing along my back. Oh, I knew that, felt it and believed it. But I sure as hell didn't want to test it anytime soon.