Chapter 7 - Midnight chat

Over the next few days, the teams found a rhythm that worked well for all and allowed them to make a little progress. And oddly enough, in those few days, we saw the twins start to develop in certain ways. What usually took months on normal babies had happened to them. Both of them were sporting the makings of teeth, although Rayne was sporting fangs rather than just normal teeth.

"Grayson," I called, bouncing a rather happy for the moment baby in my arms. Grayson looked away from his phone and up at me.

"What babe?"

"Come look at Rayne; I think he is getting his fangs." Grayson got up and carefully lifted the baby's lip, smiling as he spotted the two white marks.

"So, he could be a vampire?"

"Well oddly enough, he does drink more milk than blood." I rested my head on Grayson's shoulder, smiling as I heard the soft growl. "Aw, is Midnight happy to see his kids growing here?"

"He is." I lifted my head and looked at him. It wasn't often that I would see Midnight pop out through my beloved's eyes, even knowing he was there. But now, it was one of those rare moments and I loved it. I kissed his cheek and smiled.

"I know you were worried Midnight," I told him, looking into those eyes, "but we all are very unique and given quite the blessing." I looked down at the baby in my arms and knowing that it was more Midnight than Grayson beside me, I sat Rayne in his arms. And I beamed as I sat back and watched Midnight with his pup.

His hands came up and carefully ran over Rayne's head and then down his cheek. "He looks like you." That was only the second time I had overheard Midnight speak and the voice was deeper and huskier than Grayson's was. And it was also unusual to have their wolves come through without being in wolf form; this was something that both Grayson and Midnight were learning how to do, something the three of us felt could be useful in the future.

"He does, yes." His head came up and his eyes locked with mine.

"And our mate is so beautiful." I ducked my head at that. That was still odd for me to hear.

"Thank you." I leaned over and gave Midnight a kiss. "And while Rayne may have taken on some of my features, Rosemina looks like you two." His eyes traveled over to the crib and smiled.

"She is going to be so beautiful."

"Yeah, I worry about her future and other wolves. Or vampires I guess." I shrugged, not really caring either way.

"Did you have to say that mate?" Midnight growled out and I laughed. "I will take Grayson to a piece of land that we own, that I think would be perfect for us; do you mind mate?"

"No, not at all." I sat back down next to him and wrapped my arms around his, resting my chin on his shoulder. "I love you too Midnight. And I know you will protect all of us." He blinked a few times and grinned.