Chapter 21 - 'Born of Magic'

Once Trevor was gone saying he would check back if he had more information, Demonio looked at Francis. It was clear to the God that he had the right Alpha in line to do what he needed done. But before he went on, he certainly had some questions that he needed answers to. The God leaned back in his seat and smirked.

"I'm going to assume that Trevor is a man you know pretty well and trust actually?"

"You would assume correctly."

"So, now the question begs to be asked, why would you send him to spy on this Grayson?" Francis ran his knuckles over his beard, figuring out the best way to explain what he was thinking or what he was hearing. And to someone like this God, this might not make sense. Then again, he wasn't all too sure what this God knew and didn't know. As a God, Francis would assume that Demonio knew a lot about the super naturals as well.

"Grayson was sent all over the world to explore, to make allies and to learn the different ways of covens, families and packs. By the time I had met him, he had already been to a few various different places and learned quite a bit from his travels; a strange thing to me, but I wouldn't fault him for it. He was a good guy, not one I could turn to walk down the path I was on, but still made a friend with him. His dad was a powerful and strong Alpha and there was no doubt that Grayson would be the same." Francis paused and Demonio crossed his legs, his patience slowly thinning it out. He was not a patient God and that was becoming more and more obvious to Francis.

"Yes, I can understand all of that, but what does this have to do with sending a spy over? That's a lot of resources to waste to just make sure he is still playing nice Alpha."

"You know that vampires are the best forms gossips right? Anything you want to know, ask a blood sucker." Demonio narrowed his eyes; he was reaching his breaking point for useless and pointless chatter, although, he would admit that Francis useless talking had spiked a very vague interest. "I had heard that Grayson had found his mate."

"So?" Demonio roared and Francis lifted a brow.

"So," Francis started, drawing out the word and finally smirked, "it was rumored that Grayson's mate was the odd vampire Fire." That instantly had Demonio charged but he wasn't boiling over in anger. Now he wanted all the useless chatter he could get. These two names kept coming up a lot with an association he wasn't keen on at all.

"Why would a powerful Alpha mate with a vampire? Even better yet, how the fuck would they mate? There are just something's that can't be done."

"That was the question I kept asking myself, why a vampire? And if that was it true, because none of that made sense to me. I've slept around with vampires, sure, but never, in my mind, would I think of claiming one." Francis stood up and walked over to the window that was over looking his pack lands; having no problem giving them up for more power.

"Is it true though?" Demonio asked from the same spot. "Is he mated to a vampire?"