Chapter 30 - Blood

I tucked the twins into bed, brushing Rosemina's hair back as she looked up at me. It was hard to grasp the concept of time with them; they were growing faster than anyone had seen. Young and babies in their own way, but working on toddler stages in other ways as well, and it was both a blessing and a curse to see. And they were healthy and fine, so I had no reason to worry. But this was the only chance I had to have kids it seemed and I sure didn't want to waste it worrying over a war, although there was no choice.

"Mama, it be 'k." I smiled at Rosemina and nodded.

"You, little one, need to stop picking up on mama's vibes. I know it will be okay, baby girl, I just hate that you two are growing up so fast on me." Rayne smiled as he jumped on my back, his arms around my neck.

"No worry, mama." I hugged his arms, holding him tighter around me.

"You guys don't worry?" They both shook their head at the same time and I grinned. "Do you two think alike?" This time it was a nod at the same time. "Good, so therefore you can both go to bed at the same time." I pulled Rayne around me and kissed his head before leaning down to kiss Rosemina's. "You two are always going to be my greatest joy. I may not have a lot of time with you like babies, but in the overall scheme of things, I'm going to have a long life with you." I lifted Rayne up and walked over to his bed, tucking him in.

"She's right, we all live for a really long time," Grayson said, walking into the room. His eyes shifted colors and I could feel Midnight looking over his babies as well. He hadn't come out to me in a few weeks and it was nice to see him checking on the twins.

"Night daddy!" Rosemina said, lifting her arms up for a hug.

"Night princess." Grayson kissed her head and walked over to Rayne, who was nothing but smiles and he kissed his precious little head. "Night little man."

"Night daddy."

"Now, sleep you two, since I know you play, and talk, for hours on end." They both giggled and I shut the door leaning my head back against it.

"They are too grown up." I peeked an eye open at Grayson and laughed.

"That they are." I pushed off the door and squealed as Grayson picked me up and walked back to our room. "What are you doing?" He tossed me on the bed and I watched in utter fascination as his teeth extended and his eyes got a reddish hue to them.

"The kids are down for the night and it's my job to make sure you heal properly. Seeing that cut all evening has been driving me insane and I don't like it." I barely had time to open my mouth before Grayson was on top of me, his lips capturing my own as he tugged at the shirt, shredding it in two. I gasped, never quite seeing this animalistic side and I would say that the line between Grayson and Midnight was very thin and I had no problem with it.

I pushed back against his lips, my heart pounding loudly and my fangs extending. It hadn't seemed to fail that sex between us was always amazing and that the greatest time for me to feed was during sex. Of course, I had told him that sex heightened everything for us vampires, but it wasn't a necessity to feed then; it just made things so much more enjoyable and in an odd way, the blood was that much sweeter. I nipped at his lip, swiping at the drop of blood and he groaned as his hands clutched my hips.

"You are a wicked, wicked lady." I smiled, the fang showing and I shook my head.

"I'm a vampire, not a lady." I grabbed his neck and hauled him back down as his lips attacked mine again. His hands undid the jeans I was wearing and pushed them down, his hands sliding over my legs as his lips relentlessly moved with mine. I growled and flipped us over, my own eyes changing with the passion that was consuming me. I ripped his shirt off and tossed it aside, my lips trailing over his neck, smirking as I flicked along his mark and got a deep growl in response. "You have no clue what that sound does to me."

"Oh I have a clue alright," he said. I flicked my tongue over his nipple as his hands worked at undoing my bra. And once he pulled it away and his hands found the nipple rings, I felt him stop. As a surprise earlier this morning, I had slipped the nipple rings back in since the twins weren't really breastfeeding anymore. "Oh fuck babe," he said and hauled me up so that my boobs were hovering over his mouth. "Damn, how did I become so lucky with a fucking sexy ass mate as the one I have?"

"No clue." I braced myself on my hands by his head as his teeth tugged on a ring. "How I missed that feeling." He flipped us back over and made short work of his own pants before sliding a finger into me, smiling against the nipple at the wetness he found there.

"Fucking tease," I hissed at him.

"Never," he said as he released a nipple at the same time that he slipped into me. I arched upward and groaned. Nothing ever felt so good as sex with this man. "Fucking hell, Fire, you are so wet, so warm." I looked up at him and his eyes gave him away how badly he wanted to fuck me.

"Give me all you got," I whispered, knowing that it would only help his blood flow faster and sweeter for me. He released another growl and I smirked. Through and through, Grayson was an Alpha which meant he had much more control than others so when I got him to release it; it was always a sight for me. Grayson reached under me and up the back of my neck, his fingers entangling in my hair and he yanked it back while his hips picked up speed. I cried out at the pleasure blinding me and I almost forgot what I needed to do.

He guided me to his neck while his thrusts became even more brutal and I clawed along his back. My fangs sank into his vein, bringing forth another deep growl and I dug my nails into his back, piercing his skin. His blood invaded my mouth and fuck if it wasn't the sweetest meal I had yet. His hands found my hips and his movements became even more demanding. I pulled back and I felt the blood drip over my chin, and for the first time, I ignored it as I licked the wound to close it.

"Come with me, Fire." I fought to not scream too loudly, not wanting to wake the twins but Grayson didn't allow that. He leaned down and tugged on a nipple ring as his thumb found my clit and I gave into the unbelievable pleasure rolling through me. I cried out, once more digging my nails into him, as I came hard. He followed me, his breathing harsh as his lips kissed along the wound that was now fading. "Fuck, I don't....think...it's ever...be so...intense." I smiled at his breathlessness and ran my fingers down his back.

"Pent-up emotions." He chuckled but he agreed. I groaned as my phone went off and reached over for it, seeing a facetime call from Tessa and Jonah. Grayson rolled off of me and we both sat up. I pulled the sheet over me as I took the call. "Hey guys," I told them as they popped up on the screen. Tessa giggled as she swiped at her chin.

"Fire, you have something..." she said and I quickly wiped the blood away.

"Sorry, needed the proper healing there."

"So we can see. Looks like Grayson is still bleeding," Jonah said and I looked over at him, the blood coming from the nail marks.

"Okay, so it was a really good proper healing," I told them. They shared a chuckle while Grayson cleaned up and got back in bed. "What's up?"

"We might have figured out some things and we wanted to bring it to the both of you," Tessa started and I narrowed my eyes. I've known her for way too long, there was never a worry in her voice, and this time my ears picked up all too well. Although, I was sure you didn't need a keen hearing to pick up that she was worried.

"Okay, what is that?"

"The three words Sol gave us." I watched as she paused again and looked at Jonah, who nodded his head. "After your attack today," again, she paused but this time it was the growl from Grayson that stopped her. I put my hand on his leg, soothing him, and nodded for Tessa to go on. "We were curious about the size of that wolf, of how strong it was, of how it managed to get a hold of you. Demonio needs the three leaders, one from each supernatural to give his demons the life, the strength, the power, right?"

"Yes, that was our previous thoughts," Grayson said and his eyes slowly narrowed as he mentally worked through what was not being said and I easily feel the change in him. Whatever was coming next was a blow I didn't want to hear.

"Well, it's true now. This is why Demonio is recruiting them. However," Jonah said, seeing that Tessa was having a problem getting the words out. "You two have the blood he really needs, your blood, along with those of your babies, will give the special powers to the demons. And if your blood was ever used for evil purposes, that's a war none of us would win."