Chapter 3 - Phone calls

I read the article that Grayson was talking about and let out a sigh, Rayne bouncing in my arms. It had been two days since they were born and in that time, there had been one more big attack. The time had come for us to start coming together to start making plans. And for that, I was going to have to find some other generals in my, well our, command; people we could really trust because we weren't quite ready to announce to everyone what was going on or who we were.

I sat the paper down and let out another sigh, Grayson walking into the office that was formally his and smiled at me, his eyes glancing down at Rayne, and then his eyes looked down at the paper before me.

"What are you thinking?" I patted Rayne's butt as he stirred slightly. "I think it's time to maybe start picking out an army. Pretty soon things will be falling out our feet and we won't be ready." Grayson carefully took Rayne and allowed me to get up. He held his other arm up and I walked over, leaning against him.

"Do you have any ideas as to who you want to have under us?"

"I do actually. Dylan, Elric, and Derrick." I paused and looked up at him, earning a scowl to which I just smirked at, "and Tessa. From there I don't know. But Derrick and Tessa don't know what is going on so we would have to explain. Is there anyone trust?"

"Actually there is. She's an Alpha from a pack out of England, her name is Anna; I meet her in my travels and she helped me out in some scuffles." I raised an eyebrow and he chuckled. "Anyway, you would like her; she's not a typical female and for sure not like any Alpha you might know."

"Sounds like my kind of bad ass. I like her already." He chuckled again and shook his head.

"Do you know Tom?" I wrinkled my rose and slowly shook my head. "He was Richard's Beta, now he is the leader of their pack, I want to talk to him, and maybe he can help."

"Now that you mention it, Charles did say something in my email that I got a call from him and from Oliver."

"Who is that?"

"Oliver was one of the few human clients I worked with and it seemed I have been too MIA for him and he's been demanding some meetings. Poor Charles has been kind of frantic." Grayson lifted a brow. "What?"

"New mom, almost queen, and you are still planning on running a business?" I grinned at that.

"Hey, 21st century here, I can do it all. Besides, that outside world doesn't know about us and I can't just shrink my duties."

"I know, I know. You don't think any of your clients knows what you are, right?"

"No, because everyone believes what they see on TV and I have never touched human blood and kept it in my system. Sides," I curled up to him and kissed his neck, "it's not like my fangs stay extended." I felt them come down and ran them over the vein, causing him to shudder.

"I hate when you do that," he half assed a scowl my way before he turned and gave me a kiss. "Here, take Rayne while I go call Anna."

"Grayson?" I stopped him before he walked out the door.

"Yeah?"

"Am I going to have to worry about another past lover?" He gave me a boyish grin and shrugged before walking out, to which I groaned at. "I hate your daddy sometimes, Rayne," I said as I took him to the room and laid him down next to his sister. If he was calling Anna, I needed to let Derrick and Tessa know to come too. I tapped my nails against the crib as I thought and grinned. We had wanted another powerful witch family, and there was one I knew and from rumors, I knew he had a few issues with Grayson. He just lived in some remote place out in Africa so not exactly the easiest to get a hold of. "Let the fun begin, Grayson."