Chapter 1

I don't know why I do this. I had a lot of potential growing up, many opportunities that would benefit me. Maybe it's the compliments, the praises that temporarily filled my ego, who know's. I danced in the spotlight, letting my body sway around the poll as my vision blur from the many spins I did but I'm glad as I felt the "cool" air dried the sweat off my forehead. The music ends so I do one last swing around the pole and pick the money off the floor.

I walked towards the dressing room to count my money and head home but I heard a man yelling and shit being knocked over. I knew it was just another drunk guy being too rough with the girls in the champagne room. It was out of instinct that I glanced over to see the champagne room was a mess. A guy with a beak mask is towering over my manager, which doesn't say much since my manager is just an old geezer. The champagne room curtains were a little too open so the guy with the beak mask must have sensed I was staring because he smacked his fingers together and two men closed the curtains.

I sat down on the stool in the dressing room and sighed deeply from exhaustion. Considering I've worked a whole 8 hour on my feet, especially in these 9 inch heels. I removed the makeup off my face, stripping myself into baggy clothing. I walked back to main floor, tipping the guards, the DJ then finally my manager; who I waited for in his office.

Pro-Tip, always tip generously to the other workers. They'll always point out customers who spends the most, for you.

"Oh, hi Ramona. Anything you need?" Ramona, my stage name. the geezer asked. He had a huge black eye and blood dripping in the corner of his mouth.

"Uh, no. But why do you look all beat up?" I asked.

maybe because he got beat up, fuckin dumbass.

I rolled my eyes off of my own stupidity.

He shook his head,
"ah, nothing to worry about dear. Just a young man talking about wanting to buy this place, for financial purposes. But I told him no, why would I give up on such beautiful girls like you?"

I laughed uncomfortably as I gave his share of money.

"well thanks but here, I'm tipping out now. Have a goodnight" I bowed to him and quickly slipped out the office.

I walked out the back door to feel the air humid, I hate it. I walked towards my car but slowed my pace because an uneasy feeling rose within me. I glance my eyes around my surroundings.

Two expensive cars, 5 men near my car. Yup, I'm going to die.

I gripped onto a bear mace with my right hand and a comb within my pockets, which at the end was sharp enough for self defense. Working in the strip club industry isn't easy as most think, I certainly didn't. As I walked closer, the 5 men had beak masks on. One stuck out, he had a green jacket with rolled up sleeves and purple feathers at the end, with a white tie.

My god, this man certainly has shitty taste in a fashion sense. Like seriously, who wakes up one day and look at their fit then think "yup, this is it. Let's roll out"

Although, his eyes were the most captivating. It's yellow like the sun, it was beautiful. But the way he stared down at me was like I was the worst thing in the world. I quickly got into my car, locking it immediately and drove off as calmly as I could. My heart was pounding as if I almost experienced a heart attack. I really shouldn't be working in this line of work because of my anxiety but then again, every job has it's risks, right? I dont know. I picked this job because it was fast money. Not easy money though, that's for sure.

I snap out of my thoughts and look around my car. Fuck. I forgot my fucking duffel bag. I sighed as I made a quick U-Turn. I prayed those men weren't there, they gave off really bad vibes. Then again most men did, that hung around the club. I drove near the club, seeing the beak mask men. But the number had increased. My instincts were telling me to just go home, that something bad was going to happen. But I needed my bag, it had my rent and grocery money in it. Then again, the way I've lived my life I always somehow managed to get out of danger, my god I should be dead by now.

I park my car further away from the men with the masks, I tried to count them but I know I shouldn't look at a man for too long without them thinking it's an invitation to talk to me. A few of them began walking towards the club but I heard that same snap and the men drew back. I finally made it inside, grabbed my bag then was about to head out.

"Hey girl, can you help me please? I can't seem to tie this stupid dress on" Valentine asked me, she's such a sweet girl.

Incredibly smart, she's helped me here and there with school work. Her and I are the same age, 19. Yeah, still a teen in a strip club. It's totally legal, just as long we're not drinking that is.

"For sure, here" I tie it into a knot, not too tangled for her to get it stuck.

"Oh thank you much sweetie, hey I thought you left?" She asked as she tilted her head, she always seemed to do that whenever she questioned something.

"Oh I did, I accidentally left my bag here. Anyway I'm gonna go now- wait" i grab onto her arm and pull her closer to me

"Listen, there's a bunch of guys out in the back so make sure you leave with someone alright?" She nods her head

"Well duh, I actually bought a discreet alarm sound and a mace. So I'll be good" she giggled as she walked out to the stage.

I walk through the back door, immediately freezing. 

Holy shit, 10 men were lined up. The guy with the green jacket facing them but turned toward me, shit.

I take a deep breath and walked towards my car. I can feel their eyes practically burning on me as I picked up the pace.

Fuck, I can feel my chest tighten..

"Hey!" I hear one of them say. I dont stop walking but I look back.

"Don't worry, i didn't see anything!" I jump into my car and drive off while they stare me down.

I make it home. I threw my bag and everything else on the floor and fell ontop of my bed. The tiredness was hitting me hard. I groan in pain.

I have to check all the locks

I sigh, checking the door and windows. Locked.

I hit my bed and immediately pass out without changing my clothes. Gross, I know but I couldn't care less.