Chapter 25

Overhauls P.o.v:

Y/n scoffs,
"You know, that really isn't all that threatening when you have that hideous jacket on"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I felt frustrated enough already and the fact she decided to throw an attitude.

"I like this jacket, this jack- whatever. Why- where the fuck were you y/n!?" I yelled with frustration in my voice.

She flinched. Wait, there are bruises on her arms, her chest and has a scratch on her forehead. I clenched my jaw and my fists as I try to calm myself but it didn't take much when y/n is looking at me with those curious eyes, like she's asking me why I'm looking at her like this.

Why? Why!? Because look at you, my baby you're hurt. I swear once-

"Kai, baby I'm alright" she answered like she had read my thoughts. She giggles. She's giggling? When she's like this!?

"Kai, I am alright. Truly and honestly, i just went out to a party last night and i got a bit too drunk" Y/n said with a sweet smile.

I inhale deeply and exhaling slowly. I look at y/n, covered in bruises.

"Who did this to you?" I ask her.

-

-

-

Your P.o.v:

Kai yelled at me, for a split second he sounded like my father whenever I got home too late to do my chores or do his laundry, normally my mother would do it but at times she would be at her work, just stay away from my father. Fuck, I flinched. Kai obviously saw, I just hope he doesn't ask. Then again I can always lie, after all I've been a great liar. Of course give credits to my narcissistic mother.

-

-

"Who did this to you?" Kai had asked.

I shook my head,
"No one, I promise. I just- I blacked out last night and apparently Valentine and i had fell into the bushes. Now can you please move, I want to change"

Kai sat on my bed as I moved past him and picking out my comfort clothing. I drop my towel, immediately feeling those piercing yellow eyes on my as I slip on my panties and shirt then sweats.

"There's a huge bruise on your thigh, Y/n" Kai spoke.

I turn around to tell him off but he had his mask and jacket off. His eyes had concern, he obviously wanted to know what happened so I sigh as I sat next to him and telling him about last night but pushing the fact I had woken up and danced on Mirko aside, especially about hawks and said it was just a random quirkless girl. Through the whole conversation, kai had his eyes on me. Watching every movement my lips made, how I said it. He was acting as though I was going to get hurt again if he looked away even for a second. I place my hand on his face but he had flinched. I run my thumb over his lips, just like he did to me when I tried to fuck him.

"Kai, baby. I am okay. You have nothing to worry about, seriously. You see me, right?" I ask him.

"Yes, I see you. With bruises and cuts though." He spoke.

"I'm alive right?" I ask him another question

"Yes, of course" kai spoke, sounding confused.

I grab his hand and placing it over my chest.

"You feel my heart, right?" I asked him with my eyes locked on his.

He nodded.

"Then you know I am okay. Stop tripping like I just had a near death experience, seriously" I laughed a bit as I got up and went back to the bathroom to fix my hair.