Chapter 30

I haven't been able to stop overthinking when I had seen Chrono, when I was with Todoroki. I hope he hadn't told Overhaul and didn't misinterpreted the situation. It's not like Todoroki and I were on a date, we were simply hanging out. Jesus fuck, why am I tripping? Overhaul and I are done. It was crystal clear when he first left and when he stopped texting.

A new month came in and I'm here sitting on the floor teaching the new-ish girl; Cupcake a few pole tricks. I found out her name is actually Akame, Shimizu. She surprisingly has great upper body strength, which was really needed in this industry. I had spent about over 2 hours both; teaching her pole tricks and talking on, how to be smart and take care of herself in this industry because it is, at times violent. From married women coming to yell at the strippers rather than their cheating husbands, to the men who prey and wait for vulnerable women outside the club. I even told her to really invest and how to take care of her heels, along with draining the clock in the champagne rooms.

An hour before the club opened, Shimizu and I ordered take out while we patiently got ready. I on the other, didn't really want to work on my only free day, thursday. Where I both don't work in the strip club or have my classes but Shimizu wanted me to put on a show so she can learn. As if like I've been doing this for years. Our conversation went from the stripping industry to our personal lives, although I told Shimizu up front that I wasn't all in contact with my family and left them back in my country so there wasn't to go off from. With Shimizu, she was born and raised here. Parents were addicts, siblings split, relationships were toxic. If I'm honest, we actually connected and laughed while the dressing room was slowly piling up.

We talked for so long, we didn't notice the club had already opened... 2 hours ago. Well, atleast we're fed and dressed anyway. Before we walked out, Valentine and a bunch of the other strippers piled in. Cupcake and I walked onto the main floor to see it packed. It's weird because it's a Thursday but we quickly figured out why.

Pro heros. Seriously, what is up with heros partying in the strip club.

Holy shit, even the underground Pro Hero: EaserHead, is here. Aaand still in his hero outfit, then again he should be on duty.. right? FUCK, I'm suppose to be dancing on the spotlight to teach Cupcake.... in front of Pro heros. Great. Just great.

Cupcake and I parted ways but I stopped by the bar for a shot to calm my nerves. I sipped it down as I looked around and seen Pro hero: Hawks, EraserHead, Present Mic, Vlad King, Kamui Woods, Edge Shot, Ryukyu, Midnight, Mt. Lady and... Miruko. I turn back around and downed 2 more shots as my nerves sparked up. I walked up to the DJ, tipping him quite generously and entrusting him to play good music. I'm right after the girl who's worked here for 3 years apparently, she's nice actually, bought me food once.

Man, she really is a professional with this. I'm surprised Cupcake came to me rather not her, if I was Cupcake I'd go for her. Fuck, okay focus. I can do this. This is just another night dancing, there is no reason for my nerves to spark up this high. God I can't breath.

I walked to an isolated corner, taking deep breaths with my eyes shut as I kept my hand on my chest and stomach to feel myself calm down. I looked up, seeing the DJ signaling me that the girl is almost done her song. I walked back to the DJ, standing behind his booth and waited. I looked at the crowd. I'm panicking but I need to do this, for Cupcake that even I can take on this crowd and give a show. As the music died down, the cheering went on for her to go on again.

"NOW IN TIME FORRR.... RAMONA!" The DJ announced as the music played.

I walked onto the spotlight as I felt what seemed to be a million eyes on me but the cheering and whistling of men had uproared, that boosted my ego and with Britney Spears blaring, my confidence went higher than ever.

This was it, the adrenaline I craved for and more. It was the high I never reached with drugs. Heh, or maybe it's the liquor sneaking into my brain to feel and think this way. Fuck it, I'm getting paid for this. Since the Pro Heros are here, I might as well give one hell of a show.

I danced in the spotlight for what seemed to be forever as I let my body sway around the pole and even dancing around the floor, nearing the men at the end of the stage. To which their hands flung onto the stage, trying to grasp at my skin. Some didn't and some did but had slipped cash into my clothing, even fewer smacked my ass and I didn't like it but again, working in this industry; there is no surprise for men to act like this. Tough skin is built here. After several songs, I noticed the music was coming to an end so I did one last trick around the pole and did the splits then for my final move as the song came to an end, my body swayed around the floor, casually picking up the money as I got up and walked off stage with thousands of cash in my arms. As i walked to the dressing room, the men kept cheering and slipping money into my clothing.

I dropped into my stool and pushing the cash onto the counter. The house mom who looks after the girls in the club, came in and congratulated me for my performance as she gave me buckets of cash I didn't pick up from the stage, thanks to the bouncers who picked it up. Even if it if their jobs. I took a break to count my money for my tip out then piled the rest of the cash into my money bags and into my locker. Cupcake came in screaming and made me snap my head towards her voice.

"OH MY GOD!! RAMONA, YOU WERE AMAZING! THE CROWD WENT INSANE!" Cupcake was practically jumping up and down.

"Jesus Cupcake, you scared me. And thanks, I kinda had to do my best. I mean, did you even see who's out there" I asked as I grabbed my water bottle.

"Ohh, yeahh.. definitely, oooh did you see EaserHead? God he's so hot, I bet he looks like a whole dilf if he cleaned up right?" Cupcake asked while sitting next to me.

"Oh for sure, although... a dilf means a hot guy who has kids, you do know that right?" I smiled as we jeeked out.

"Well... he's the exception for the right to be called a dilf" Cupcake laughs and I agreed.

After our short water and snack break, we went right back out. To no surprise, random men had requested me to the champagne room and I don't turn down the offer. One of the men had grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me to the champagne room that he had already paid for, I noticed he also held onto a cup fill of liquor and in a blink of an eye, he had already downed it.

I sigh deeply,
This is going to be a long night.

-

-

-

Overhauls P.o.v:

Hmm, what does she think she is doing? To give such a performance, in such a revealing outfit too; for men who shouldn't even give her a time of day. Who don't even deserve her, for the way she is needed to be treated. My, my, miss L/n. Seems to me while I've been gone, you've done nothing but been reckless to our relationship? Well, you know the good old saying: bad girls need to be punished.

I couldn't find Y/n at her apartment and she wasn't answering my calls so my best bet was here and oddly enough, she is here, even though she knows I forbid her to come back. I watched Y/n give a performance I didn't know she had in her. When she came out the dressing room and when I seen a guy grab her wrist and dragging her... it's taking everything in me, not to charge into those Champagne rooms and dispose of that vermin who touched my girl.

"Boss, would you like us to go get her" Chrono had asked.

I want to, yes I desperately do. But I can't. Not with these heros here. We're already acting sketchy enough with our disguises but the hero's aren't really paying attention towards us, yet. It's no use.

"No. Let's just go before we're spotted" I say as we discreetly walk out.

-

-

-

A/N: Credits to the artist of this fanart:
/isa_5on
On Twitter.
F.Y.I. I DO NOT OWN ANY SONGS TO BRITNEY SPEARS, THE FANART OR THE SHOW OF MHA.
Take care!