Chapter 56

A/N: Light mature themes and if you're underage, don't like my story or Overhaul, respectively fuck off.

-

-

-

"Listen sweetheart, shit is going to go down and I mean soon. I don't want you to go back there, it isn't going to be safe" Valentine sighed as she rubbed circles on my back in a reassuring manner, meanwhile I sat ontop of the counter as my knuckles went white from gripping onto the counter and staring off to space.

"I can't... I have to go tell him- warn him" I spoke softly.

"Sweetheart, you can't- the situation is going to-" Before Valentine could continue, I cut her off.

"No! Look-! fuck... look, I have to. I can't just leave him in the dark of what I know!" I jumped off the counter and paced back and forth.

"Y/n!" Valentine yelled as she gripped onto my shoulder as she made me look at her.

"I can't stop you from doing whatever you need to do but promise me-! Promise to come back safely, okay?" Valentine begged with a hint of worry in her tone. I dove in and hugged her tightly.

"I promise that I'll come back alive" I said as I remembered; Kai had said that to me, once before.

"... okay. Keep me updated and once shit goes down, come here right away" Valentine sighed before we let go of each other.

DING!!

Valentine and I turn our heads towards the elevator, knowing Hawks just came in. But also my phone went off and saw Kai had told me, he's downstairs waiting already.

"I gotta go now, I'll come back as soon as I can okay?" I whispered to Valentine before Hawks had appeared in the kitchen.

"Hey! Y/n, didn't think you'd be here!" Hawks grinned as he set down bags of groceries.

"Yeahh, I only came to drop off a few things for my girls kid. I kinda went overboard" I chuckled. As Hawks took off his vision glasses, he widened his eyes as he looked at me then back outside.

"Wait, those giant bags are for the kid? Geez, think you're underestimating with the "kinda went overboard" like seriously" Hawks laughs.

"Ah whatever" I rolled my eyes as I hugged Valentine once more.

"Later girl" Valentine and I said in sync.

I walk away and for only a second as I passed by hawks, I look at him in the corner of my eye to see, he side eyed me with the most serious expression that made my heart drop.

This guy definitely knows... he's suspicious even towards with me. Can't say I blame him.

Soon enough, I made it outside to see Kai leaning on the passenger side door. Once he saw me, he opened the door for me and neither of talked until he started driving down the road.

"You're unusually quiet. Something happened between you two?" Kai asked.

"No. Just- she told me she overheard on her boyfriend's meeting and-... Kai, they know about you and are going to attack, most likely soon" I spoke hesitantly as I refused to look at Kai from fear of what his expression might say.

I flinch at the touch of Kai interlocking our fingers together and holding my hand tightly.

"I know" Kai stated.