Chapter 58

Once Kai and I got cleaned up and dressed, we made our way into the kitchen since neither of us haven't eaten. Although Kai took the lead of cooking since he didn't find my cooking style to his liking. We spent the next hour fixing up an early dinner that smelled heavenly within this penthouse and the way the sun shined through the huge glass windows had made the apartment have a beautiful light shining in.

Even while Kai took the lead, I still helped around and with the kitchen being spacious, it left him and I not bickering unlike last time. Soft music was only heard in the kitchen besides the bubbling pot on the stove and Kai chopping up some vegetables, to which I watch him since he only wore joggers with a white tank top that perfectly showed off his biceps with a few veins popping out each time he chopped down the vegetables.

"Is that all you're going to do, stare and not help?" Kai asked that had snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Maybe I can do a little bit of both?" I asked sweetly as I made my way to him and resting my hands on his V-line and once I did, I felt his body tense up.

"C'mon Darling, we need to eat first. Besides after our lil playtime took a lot outta me" Kai said while pushing the chopped vegetables into a bowl.

I sighed as I hopped ontop of the counter, grabbing a few pieces of meat and quickly popping it in my mouth, to which Kai looked back at me with an annoyed expression.

"Seriously Y/n? Foods almost done, can't you wait?" Kai asked as he grabbed the plates and placed them before me.

"Here, go set the table and I'll bring the food over once it's done. Should be in a couple minutes" Kai stated as he cleaned his hands and I peck his cheek with a kiss.

"Mmm'kay my devil man, just let me know if you need anymore help in here" I said sweetly as I grabbed the jug of water, cups, utensils and the plates.

I turn around and use my butt to open the swinging door into the dining room that viewed the living room as well. I set everything up and sat at the living room to pass time on my phone.

BING!!

My brows furrow as I've gotten no messages but few more notifications kept coming so I looked for the sound to find it and it came from Kai's jacket. I grabbed his phone hesitantly as I looked back at the kitchen then I turned on his phone.

CHRONO:
We have done the last experiment and testing for the evening. By the time you arrive, we'll have the bullets prepped and ready for you.

We also took the liberty to destroy all documentations of past experiments into the fire, as well as discarding the technology that is no longer useful to us.

By the time you arrive, we'll further the discussion of how we'll flee the country.

I sat there with wide eyes as I kept re-reading the last paragraph of the text.

"We'll flee the country"

It kept replaying in my mind.

Does this mean... he's planning on leaving without me? Has he been only toying with me this whole time? Holy Shit- what if I'm only a cover in his scheme.

I breathed out heavily as my thoughts drowned me.

"Darling! Foods done!" Kai yelled from the kitchen that startled me.

I quickly put his phone back and I go and sit at the dining table as I played it off as if I weren't doing anything by staying on my phone.

"Okay, here we go" Kai mumbled to himself as he set the food down and placed the food onto our plates while I poured the water into our cups.