Chapter 52

I flutter my eyes open to not see the sun shining in my eyes that I unconsciously knowing, I smiled since it always irritated me.

"Well good afternoon to you too, Sunshine" Kai stated as he came into view, fully dressed in his usual attire.

"I'm gonna take it, that you've been up for hours?" I questioned while getting up, stretching as my bones popped.

"I have. I was going to wake you but after yesterday's event- I'd rather let you have your sleep" Kai said while setting clothes beside me.

"Wear these. I'll be waiting for you downstairs, okay? I'll get you some food once we're outta here too" Kai stated before heading out, to leave me to change which didnt take me long.

This man gave me a soft texture sweater that wasn't tight and leggings.

Ugh thank god this man knows how to treat me.

I quickly washed my face and fixed my hair before heading to the elevator. While laying against the elevator mirrors, I checked my notifications. Valentine doing her usual check up on me (cuz I'm dating a literal criminal), Todoroki asking whatsup, which I ignore even though it made me feel like a bad friend. And seeing that I'm missing on assignments that are passed there due date.

!!! DING !!!

"For fucks sakes" I mumbled as the stress of falling behind school is starting to get to me.

"Hey, you good?"

"Huh-?" I looked up as I felt my heart drop.

I look at the sight of Todoroki, with his father; The number 2 hero, Endeavour.

Oh fuck- oh fuck- this, this is bad. Kai is here! And the top hero? Shit, shit.

"Yeah, I'm great" I smiled as I fumbled through my apps to text Kai.

"You sure? You seem a bit- distracted?" Todoroki asked while Endeavour kept his stoic demeanor.

"Yeah, I'm good" I chuckled nervously while texting Kai. I did a quick peek up, to see Endeavour having his eye on me, in a way that he's suspicious. I quickly put my phone away and gave my full attention to Todoroki.

"Ah, alrighty! So hey have you finished studying up on that Biology test on Unit.3?" Todoroki casually asked, meanwhile my face dropped as I felt the pang in my chest from knowing, i just fucked up. I close my eyes, sighing deeply. To which Todoroki responded by laughing.

"I'm guessing you didn't huh?" Todoroki asked while shaking his head.

"Ugh, no. I totally forgot, I've been busy-"

!!! DING !!!

I look at the doors opening and immediately going out first but I turn around, bowing Respectfully.

"I apologize for my behavior but I forgot I must be where i need to attend" I said, a bit too casually before walking away but with Todoroki and Endeavour being tall with long legs, it didn't take them long to catch up.

Especially when I caught up with Kai- who was waiting for me in the entrance room.

"Kai, go, go, go, now!" I yelled whispered as I pulled him along while pushing past people. I look down to see the hero Endeavour, staring right down at us.

Soon enough we reached the parking lot.

"Darling, what's wrong? Why were you in a hurry? Did someth-" kai spoke but I cut him off.

"The Hero Endeavour is in the building and I'm pretty sure he saw us, so let's get the fuck out of here" I stated while hopping in the car as I felt nerve endings rising while feeling my heart fastening.