Chapter 53

A/N: In all honesty, I have no idea how to end this story),:

Btw, lowkey short asf on this chap.

-

-

-

Once we had gotten home, it was a usual routine of me catching up on my missing assignments which took hours to do while Kai did his job. I hadn't noticed the time, that it was by 10:30pm when I finished my final copies on most of my assignments and decided to take a break.

I went to the kitchen to find a snack, which there was none. So I decide on making a breakfast sandwich, that didn't take me too long.

"Breakfast for dinner?" His voice spoke softly behind me as I flipped over my sandwich.

"Mhmm. Because you don't seem to have snacks here. Do you want one?" I asked.

"I'm good, Darl" Kai spoke as his arms wrapped around my waist, hugging me from behind as he rested his chin on my head.

"How was work?" I asked while finishing up on cooking.

"Busy as usual. Although, I must go out tonight. To attend a meeting" Kai said as I placed my sandwich on a plate then I turn around to face him.

"By that statement, I'm guessing I'm not allowed to come?" I asked while trying not to get peaked by his beak mask.

"Sorry Darls. Can't risk it after today's event, especially what I have to do tonight" Kai said as he pushed my plate aside, obviously wanting my full attention so I wrap my arms behind his neck.

"Okay. Just come back safe, yeah?" I asked while fiddling with his mask.

"I'll come back alive" Kai said.

Alive... coming from a criminal, it's the most they can ever promise.

"Come back to me, alive, then?" I asked.

He didn't say anything but rather, he moved a hair behind my ear then he slipped his mask down and aside. Kai sighs deeply as he firmly cupped my face while silence filled around us.

"I'll always come back to you, alive" He said in a comforting tone of voice.

Hearing such things... things I've always wanted to hear, to feel. Certain worked me up but I held back with my emotions.

I leaned in, kissing him softly.

"Always" I whispered on his lips and gave him another peck.

"And forever" Kai said with a smile before kissing me a bit too passionately but I didn't mind.

"A-Ahem!" Kai and I immediately turn our attention to see Chrono standing by the kitchen door, awkwardly clearing his throat.

"Right. I gotta go" Kai said before putting his mask on and walking out without a second to spare.

I ate my sandwich in the kitchen, rather slowly to procrastinate on my studies. As I finished, I cleaned my mess and decided to clean other things. But- everything is practically spotless.

Seriously, how is kai able to keep every inch of this big ass house so squeaky clean? I mean, I know he has his subordinates but still.

I decided to walk into the backyard, to find a big garden full of flowers that was beautiful. Especially in the moonlight. I walked slowly as I analyzed each flower, even if I don't know much about plants. I decide to lay on the grass and look at the sky, to see a full moon and very few stars because of the city lights. I sighed contently, enjoying the view and the air, basically everything. I closed my eyes to meditate for who knows how long.