1.02

"SANDBAR. THE CHANNEL CHANGED."

"No shit." JJ said, starting to swim back over towards the boat. Laura followed right behind. JJ didn't get into the boat until he made sure the brunette girl was okay.

"Ugh, this is probably gonna mess this whole place up." John B said, helping his sister back into the boat while JJ boosted her from in the water.

Pope looked over the water, a confused look washing over his face while JJ went on about how he saved his beer when he flew into the water. Laura laid down on the boat, continuing to catch her breath from the adrenaline that ran through her limbs.

"Guys... I think there's a boat down there." Pope said.

"Yo. No way, you're lying." Laura said from her lying down position. Everybody else muttered things as if what he was saying was not possible.

"No, no, guys. I'm serious. There's a boat down there." He continued on. "For real."

Laura groaned, sitting up and looking back over the edge. "Holy shit."

"It's a boat." Everybody looked over the water, shocked looks on their faces.

"He's right. Let's go." Kiara said, then JJ pulled Laura back in the water by her foot so they could go check it out. She let out a short yelp, startled by the action.

"Unnecessary." Laura said once she came back up. She punched JJ in the shoulder, before going back under the water and swimming towards the boat.

Everyone followed pursuit, wanting to check out what was going on. Laura stayed down a little longer than everyone else who just got a quick look. She swam through trying to find something, but she was losing breath so she kicked off the top of the boat and came back above the water.

"Dude- why'd you stay down for so long?" John B asked his sister sternly.

"I was checking out what was in the boat. I didn't see anything though." Laura responded.

"You didn't stay down long enough to even see anything though." The other twin continued.

"Did I stay down too long or not long enough? Make up your mind-"

"Okay. Chill out." Kiara said, cutting in.

Everyone else had already made their way back into the boat, waiting for the other girl. Laura swam over, climbing in.

"Also- you surfed the surge?" Kiara asked John B.

"That's my boy. Pogue style." JJ continued.

"What the heck?" Kiara finished off, confused.

"Wait, wait. Do we know who's boat that is?" Pope asked, walking back over to the group.

"No, but we're about to." John B said, crouching down and getting the anchor out.

"Dude it's too deep." JJ started.

"Oh, for the weak and feeble, JJ." John B continued, grabbing the anchor and standing up, going towards the edge of the boat.

"Well, I'm not resuscitating you. I'm just making that clear up front." JJ said.

"Diver down." Laura said, walking over to the rest of the group, fist bumping his brother.

"Diver down." He repeated, before Laura and JJ pushed him into the water. The two laughed at each other, then gave a high five. Laura sat back down, letting her feet sit over the edge and into the water. JJ took a seat next to her, looking over the water.

"You have no hat for me to steal today, JJ. I was looking forward to it." Laura said, bumping sides with him.

"I'll wear one later, just for you."

"Should we go get him?" Pope spoke up. Then, John B popped up out of the water, coughing, scaring his twin sister.

"Oh, my God. That took forever!" Kiara said.

"Any dead bodies?" Pope said, smiling.

"Looting potential?" JJ said, cutting Pope off.

"No, no."

"I was really hoping there was a dead body down there. That would've been cool." Laura stated with a very calm tone which was surprising for the statement that was said. The other four looked at her confused, as if she was crazy.

"Anyway, I found this motel key." John B said, holding up the key to his friends and brushing off his sister's statement as if it were the most normal thing.

"A key?" Pope said unamused while JJ started pulling up the anchor.

"Yes, a key Pope." John B said while pulling himself up into the boat.

"Great! We salvaged a motel key." JJ said, also unamused.

They finally left the wreck where it was, trying to piece things together but they couldn't think of anything. "Guys, we should report the wreck to the coast guard." Kiara said to the rest of the group. "Maybe we'll get a finder's fee."

"Yeah, and not work all summer." JJ started, "Thanks Agatha, you batch."

Trying to report the wreck to the coast guard was not so simple, since so many other people were there reporting their own worries after the hurricane. Laura waited outside, sitting on a bench, kicking her feet back and forth while John B and JJ headed inside.

"Well, that went well." John B said once the two walked back outside.

"So, what's the plan?" Pope asked him.

"I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns the boat." John B continued, holding up the motel key.

"Well you don't have to show it off, John B." Laura butted in, pushing his hand down back towards his side.

"We don't know whose room that could be. It could be anyone." Pope said.

"Let's go, I'll be lookout." Laura said, taking the key from John B and walking back towards the boat, the others following shortly afterwards.

"Finder's fee, just sayin'." John B said to Pope, walking past and towards the boat as well. He turned back towards him. "And, hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice."

"Man." Pope said, turning, and following the group down the dock.

"Come on, bubba." John B finished off, finally walking down the dock.

JJ whistled. "I thought the Chateau looked bad." He started gathering the rope from the front of the small boat.

"This place is a shitshow." John B said.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kiara asked.

"If it's a meth lab, let me come along." Laura said, leaning back against the wall of the boat, extending her legs.

"I like your thinking LB." JJ said, giving her a high five. The two laughed.

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays." John B said, continuing to drive up towards the shore next to the old motel.

"No, looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope replies.

"This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for landing." JJ says, then he jumps off the boat to tie it off.

"Alright, here goes nothing." John B said, starting to get off the boat.

"Have fun, boys. Don't do anything stupid which.. You know.. Will be pretty hard for you two." Laura said, smiling sarcastically at them.

"Very funny, LB." John B said, taking the key from his sister, and walking towards the motel with JJ. Laura waved to the boys with an innocent smile plastered on her face.