1.11

"WHOEVER'S UP THERE BETTER come on out!"

Laura and JJ looked at each other, not knowing what to do. Her back was against the wall, while JJ was crouched next to her, holding on tightly to it.

"I mean it! Don't make me go up there and get your ass!" The man continued with an intimidating voice.

"Wait, Bobby!" JJ said, standing up and holding his hands up in surrender. "Don't shoot! It's me, JJ. Luke's kid?"

"What are you doin'?" The man asked while the barking continued.

"I swear, okay? I didn't want to, okay?" Laura stayed sitting on the ground, confused and shocked. JJ grabbed her arm and pulled her up, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"Tebow, quiet. Who the hell is the girl?" Bobby continued. Laura started to fake her tears since JJ was as well and she wanted to go along with his fake sob story.

"My dad made me."

"Don't you lie."

"He told me Captain Leo kept his cutting torch. You know, after he got fired." His breath was shaky as was Laura's. "He said if I didn't get it for him, he was gonna... he was gonna hit me again. And I didn't want my... girlfriend to see that. He made her come as well."

"Son of a bitch." Bobby said disappointingly towards JJ's dad who wasn't there.

"I'm sorry." Laura said, letting more tears fall as she hugged JJ.

"Come on down."

Laura walked over to the latter, climbing down first. JJ waited for her to get a few feet down then began climbing down as well. Once Laura was down, she crossed her arms over her torso, trying to keep the act going.

"I almost killed you!" Bobby continued on.

"I know." JJ replied.

"Here! Come on. Come on."

"I'll just come up with somethin'. Tell him I couldn't find it." Continued JJ, wrapping an arm around Laura's shoulder as she rested her head onto his shoulder. "Sorry."

The two began walking away, looking at each other trying to keep in their laughs. Laura put her fist out, and the two did a fist bump low so Bobby wouldn't be able to see. Laura wiped her fake tears, and they made their way out.

The group was now on their way to Kiara's parents restaurant for some food since they hadn't eaten all day. Laura and JJ had to tell the tale of what had gone down while they were at the yard. John B wasn't very fond of the idea that JJ had to fake Laura being his girlfriend, but Laura ignored his remarks.

The radio was playing some rock music, and Laura had started dancing in her seat, making JJ dance along and Pope looked at them weirdly. But Laura chose to ignore him since he wouldn't have fun with the two.

"Stealing drones makes you hungry." Kiara said, getting out of the van once they arrived at the restaurant.

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." JJ said, jumping out of the van and putting his hand out to help Laura.

"Sounds disgusting." Laura said, smiling at the blonde.

"It would not be pretty." Pope added, then closed the van door.

The five walked inside, excited to finally have some food. Laura walked in right behind Kiara, looking at the plates of other people who were eating. While Kiara and her dad were talking, the two looked over at them, making them all wave confused.

"Sit down." Kiara eventually said, and Laura smiled, high fiving her brother.

They all ran around to find their seats at the table. It was nice for the teenagers to sit here and have a genuinely good time since recently their lives have been so action packed. Once their food had come out, they immediately got in better moods.