1.24

LAURA STARED OUT THE window into the trees, that being the only thing she's seen for miles on end. It was calming in a sense, but also because of how far out they had to drive, something didn't feel right to her.

Pope was the first to speak up. "So they keep money out here?"

"That's what she said." JJ chuckles. "That's what she said."

"Stop."

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Said Sarah, turning around in the passenger seat to talk to the group.

"That's because you're rich." JJ cut in.

"You've never heard of it either." Said Briar in a sarcastic tone.

"Thank you."

Laura looked at her for a moment, giving a dirty look before turning her head back to the window, not wanting her to see the look covering the brunette's face.

Kiara joined her in looking out the window, "There's nothing but weed's back here."

"All right, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..."

The group of teens immediately heard sirens from behind their van. There they saw a cop car following close behind them. John B pulled over, confused as to why he had to. Laura was extremely confused. "Cops? Out here?"

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ yelled. Laura grabbed his shoulder, giving him a stern look.

Sarah turned in her seat, "What did we do?"

Laura grabbed the gold, shoving it into JJ's backpack, and then pushing the blonde out of his seat to put the backpack inside of it.

Just then, the sound of a gun clicking was heard and everybody's heads turned towards the sound. Laura looked at the guy outside of the driver's window, seeing he is most definitely not a cop.

"Why don't I go ahead and see them hands in the air?" The group hesitated, angering the guy. "All y'all's hands up in the air now! You, out of the car. Let's go."

Laura's eyes followed her twin brother as he got out of the van, heart beating quicker what felt like every second.

"Out of the car, let's go! Hurry! Let them out! What are you waiting on? What are you waiting on? Let them out!" Said the guy in the mask, gun still following John B.

John B walked around the front of the van, first opening the passenger door, and then the sliding door to the back.

JJ was the first to start talking to the masked man, but it had just turned into a screaming match between the two. Laura rested a hand on the blonde's shoulder as he slowly walked backwards.

"Lay down in the ditch! Lay down in the ditch! On your goddamn hands and knees! Down! Put your face on the ground! Stay here just like that!" Laura tried to get a look at him, but she was immediately caught, "Put your head down!"

Tears were threatening to spill from her eyes as she turned her head to look at JJ, trying to keep it as far down while keeping her eyes locked with his.

"Don't let me see you look up! All right? That's all y'all gotta do."

He then went into the van, beginning to search it while the group was still laying down outside in the dirt.

"It's a setup, guys."

"That old bat shanked us." JJ began hitting the ground, furiously. "Fuck! Goddamn it!"

Laura watched as John B began to slowly get up, and Sarah begged him to stop whatever he was doing. The brunette boy walked back towards the car owned by the masked man, watching his every move.