1.30

"THANKS FOR LEAVING ME at the Cameron's last night. I had to walk all the way here in the middle of the night."

Laura didn't spend long packing her stuff, but when she went outside to get back with Kiara and Pope, the car was gone. She was lucky enough to find out they were at The Wreck, as it was the best hiding spot for the group.

All night she had to avoid the countless police sirens she heard. Eventually they stopped as it peaked in the night, but the sound was engraved into her head.

"Where the hell is Pope?" Laura asked, falling into one of the chairs, exhausted.

"He went to get gas for the boat." Replied Kiara, giving a look when she brought up the boy.

Laura nodded, leaning her head into her hand. She closed her eyes, passing out quickly from not sleeping all night.

Not too long later, Laura got shaken awake by JJ who was informing her they needed to leave. She looked over to see a box filled with food, and Kiara carrying it out with Briar at her side. JJ helped her up, continuing to hold her left hand as they walked outside.

"How much sleep did I get? Like 10 minutes?" Laura asked, very tired.

JJ chuckled, "Pretty much."

The four walked outside to find Kiara's mom standing outside, looking extremely pissed off. Laura and JJ looked at each other, not really knowing what to do.

"Where have you been?" Asked Kiara's mom. "We were up half the night, scared to death, looking for you. Were you even gonna tell us?"

"Well, I'm telling you right now. I slept here." Kiara replied, handing the box off to JJ as he put it in the back of the car.

"What the hell are you four up to?" Her mom asked, looking directly at Laura.

JJ walked up, "I'm sorry, Miss Anna, we just gotta go."

She put a finger up, as if telling them no. "No. I'm sorry. Absolutely not. Have you heard what's going on?"

Kiara started walking towards the drivers side, her mom trailing behind her. "Mom, I'll explain later. I'm sorry. I'm sorry mom, I have to go."

Laura climbed into the back seat while JJ got in the passenger. The two continued to argue. Laura reached overt, resting a hand on JJ's shoulder. She could tell JJ was incredibly uncomfortable from the two arguing. But finally, they drove off.

"Hey, Briar, when you'd get here?" Said Laura.

Briar turned back in her seat, smiling at the brunette. "While you were sleeping. Was helping pack up food."

"Do you know what happened?"

"Pretty much."

The rest of the ride was silent, nobody talking about the events with Kiara and her mom.

"Home sweet home." JJ said sarcastically when they got to his house. He took off his hat, and started messing with his hair anxiously.

Laura sighed, looking at the house. She knew what happened here, and she hated being there. Laura could only imagine what JJ was feeling.

"Want me to go in with you?" Laura asked, but all JJ did was nod his head no. "JJ. I'm going with you no matter what."

"Laura, don't. This'll only take a second." He said, then got out of the car.

Laura scoffed, opening her door. Kiara gave her a nod while Briar gave a soft smile, then she followed the blonde inside of the house. JJ looked back at her and groaned before walking into the house.