2.06

ok i need to stop doing this, but i have literally been so busy recently
i just got back from 2 dance competitions, so i'm extremely busy from dance, as well as the end of the school year just happening. it was my last year of doing state testing, thank god, but my classes were kicking my ass. i'm lucky enough to be doing virtual school, but even then it is literally so mentally exhausting. but finally, here it is, chapter 6
thank you all for being so patient with me. i really appreciate it

ok i wrote all that like.. a month ago. i just had a week of dance intensives and my recital, and now i'm leaving the state to go to my last dance comp. but i'm bringing my laptop with me :)

~~

LAURA WOKE UP FEELING extremely exhausted the next morning. She was lying on the pull out couch, a blanket half covering her body. She turned her head to the right to see JJ sleeping, turned away from her with his arms sprawled over his head.

"She's alive." Laura snapped her head over, seeing Briar sitting on one of the dining room chairs, shuffling tarot cards. "You missed a lot last night."

"Do you just carry those with you everywhere you go?" Laura asked, dropping her head back down onto the pillow, ignoring the second comment.

The blonde girl shrugged, swinging her legs off the table and setting down the cards. "Pretty much."

Laura could hear the commotion of Briar cleaning up once again, but ignored it as she drifted back off to sleep.

Once the girl woke back up later, she was utterly confused on everything that had happened. Briar had to explain it three times for her to be able to pick up what was being put down.

Laura most definitely was not expecting Ward Cameron to shoot someone the previous night and then the cops getting involved and not believing them. She understood to a certain point why they didn't believe her friends, but either way she thought they should've started an investigation or something, not just leave it where it was.

At least, that's what she would do.

The brunette laid back on the couch, head resting on JJ's chest as she looked out the window at the water. The trees around were still fallen from the hurricane however long ago.

The water was calm as usual, bringing peace to her mind for just a while. JJ had his arm resting over Laura's waist as he was texting Pope about finding the gun that Ward Cameron had lost the previous night.

Ward Cameron has done nothing but make Laura's life a living hell, she constantly thought about it. Not just hers but also her twin brothers and his own daughter. She didn't understand how a man could be so cruel to teenagers, especially his own.

Just the thought of it upset her incredibly. So for some odd reason, she got excited about going on a search for a gun that could end up getting her and her friends in trouble.

The trio left the house, making their way back to the restaurant owned by Kiara's parents to meet up with the two other Pogue's.

Laura was wearing a pair of jean shorts and a white cropped tank top with JJ's flannel on top, the sleeves rolled up slightly so she wasn't so hot from the still summer weather. Her hair was thrown back up into a messy bun after her shower as she didn't want to deal with her wavy hair.

Briar drove the three as she was probably the most responsible driver out of the three teenagers. Both JJ and Laura sat in the backseat while Briar was blasting music, singing along to it even louder.

Laura never thought she would be friends with Briar again. Yet the two have gotten along better than any of them ever thought. Laura watched as Briar was singing along, smiling and laughing, not caring if the two in the back were judging, which they weren't.