2.03

IT WAS OFFICIALLY THE first day of school. Something none of the Pogue's wanted to attend, but legally they all had to. They were all already in deep shit with the authorities from their summer adventures.

Laura had to force JJ awake, barely being up herself. But instead of waking up completely, the blonde pulled her back into bed and the two fell back asleep quickly after.

Kiara and Pope barged into the house early that morning, making sure the two were up, which they weren't. Kiara found them laying in Laura's bed together, closer than they have ever been.

She kept note to ask Laura about that later.

Kiara practically had to drag Laura out of bed, before calling Pope in to do the same to JJ. Laura took one of the quickest showers of her life that morning, throwing her wavy hair into a bun to let it dry.

Laura changed into a pair of dad jeans, a white tank top, and another one of JJ's flannels. She wore the same dirty white hightop converse that she'd had for years now. Her jewelry was the exact same, except the new silver necklace with her initial.

Both Laura and JJ scrambled to get their things together, although it wasn't much. Laura felt like she was about to fall asleep while she stood in the bathroom mirror, pulling out the hair tie and then brushing through her wavy hair quickly.

JJ managed to fall back asleep once he was ready to go, head resting in his hand while he sat on the couch. Laura kicked him lightly in the shin, just hard enough to wake him back up. He jerked away, looking at Laura, "Ow."

She shrugged, grabbing her bag and throwing it over her shoulder. Laura grabbed JJ's hand, pulling him off the couch, but not letting go. Finally they all piled into Kiara's car, and left to go pick up Briar.

They got to the Thornton house right when Topper was walking out to his own car. Laura ignored him as they crossed paths, and went up to knock on the door. She only waited moments as Briar opened the front door, a bright smile resting on her face.

Briar was dressed in a pair of light denim shorts, a blush tank top, and a pink cardigan topped with it. Her thick blonde hair was put into two dutch braids, front pieces pulled out to frame her face.

Laura looked at her disgusted. "I don't understand how you can look so excited for school. Let's go." Laura said, holding out a hand which Briar took, beginning to walk to the car.

Briar laughed, "Unlike you, I actually have friends at school I'm excited to see. Also I need to make good impressions on some people."

Laura faked a gasp. "I wonder who." She said, shoving Briar over before running to the car. Briar stumbled just a little, running after the brunette, following her into the car.

JJ immediately grabbed Laura's hand pulling her closer to him. Briar sat on the other side of Laura, leaning over and looking at the two with an extremely confused look. She and Kiara looked at each other in the mirror. The brunette shrugged, then started driving.

They arrived at the school, and Laura let out a shaky, nervous, sigh. The second they got out of the car, the bell rang and looks were immediately drawn to the group.

JJ took a sip out of his flask, before throwing it back into the car. Laura squeezed his hand, "Hey, chill out."

"If I black out, just don't remind me."

Kiara looked over, "That's not funny."

The five started walking towards the entrance of the school, and immediately saw the little memorial made for John B. Laura's breath got stuck in her throat, making her cough. All she could hear were the whispers from surrounding students.