1.20

LORD KNEW WHERE THIS meeting was going to take them, but higher was sure as hell not the correct answer. The people in the room consisted of John B, Laura, Kiara, JJ, Pope, Sarah, and Briar. This was definitely not a good combination, and Laura is already saying how nothing good is going to come out of this conversation.

And they all knew how correct she was, but didn't want to flat out say it due to the relationship that had formed between John B and Sarah.

"No effing way." Kiara started pacing the patio, "You brought them here? So what? They're in on this now?" You could tell by her movement and emotion that she was incredibly disappointed. And sadly, Laura could say the same to her brother.

"Look, all I care about is their cut comes from your share." JJ added on into the conversation.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A pogue thing." Kiara acknowledged, gesturing to the Pogue's.

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad bit uncomfortable with all of this." Pope added in, uneasy.

John B cut in, "When are you not uncomfortable?"

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope argued back.

"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him."

"That's cute guys." John B muttered, turning his head towards the water.

Kiara cut back in, "You know, we were all extremely comfortable before you brought them-"

"Stop talking about us like we aren't here!" Sarah shouted at the curly haired girl who was standing up, fuming.

"Then leave!" The two Pogue's shouted back at the same time.

And even though the two spoke at the same moment, their voices could be peeled apart easily. For once, Laura seemed nervous and held back. Her voice seemed more brittle, while Kiara's was rough and angry.

"I told you." Briar spoke up, looking over at Sarah, then at John B.

"Told them what exactly? That you're a liar?" Kiara continued on.

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch." Sarah argued back, showing the same aggression as the other girl.

Laura's head immediately fell into her hands, leaning over so her elbows would sit on top of her knees. Everyone's words started jumbling together in her mind, not wanting to process what they actually were.

"Everybody shut up!" John B yelled, obviously angry. Laura lifted her head, looking at her brother with tired eyes.

The three girls, specifically the blondes, were giving angry looks, while the two brunette girls were just sick and tired of the fighting, wanting it all to be done and over with.

"Kie, you are my best friend, right? And Sarah, you're..." He chuckled. "You're my..."

"Say it." Sarah responded softly with a smile on her face.

"You're my girlfriend."

Laura internally grimaced at the new statement. I guess it was just weird for her to know that her twin brother and practical enemy are now dating.

"She's your girlfriend now?" Kiara asked furiously, crossing her arms over her chest. "What was all that talk about you were just using her for information? Get a map, cut her loose."

"You said you were using me?" Sarah asked, confused.

John B put his head in his hand. The two Pogue girls immediately looked at each other. Briar looked between Sarah and John B continuously.

"No."

"Yeah you did. You said those things." Pope chimed in.

"Look, love just walked in, okay? It– it kind of just happened." John B said, defending himself.

"Holy shit." Laura whispered to herself.

"Dude, he's literally your brother. Shouldn't you be more supportive?" Briar yelled over to the brunette girl.

"Oh, wow, you do have a voice." Laura repeated with the same tone. Immediately Briar's face dropped. Laura leaned back into her chair, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Look, cut the bullshit, John B. If she's in, I'm out." Kiara started.

"I second that." Laura said, looking at her brother with a casual look.

"I'm not doing this. I can't!"

"You are gonna decide. I'm very interested, actually. Us or her?" Kiara pointed between herself and Laura.

"Both."

JJ whistled. "Went for the Hail Mary."

Laura immediately stood up and followed Kiara out of the back patio to leave. The door slammed behind the two. Kiara turned to obviously ask her a question before getting cut off.

"I'll explain later. I don't want the boys to overhear."

--

"You're fucking kidding me, right?" Kiara yelled, pacing her bedroom.

"I wish I was." Laura responded, holding the pillow to her chest, knees up into her chest as well.

Kiara eventually stopped the pacing, and sat down on the edge of her bed, staring off into the carpet. "And that explains your hatred for Briar and Sarah. And that makes me hate them even more."

"Yup."

"Does John B know?"

Laura nodded her head no.

"JJ?"

Another nod no.

"Okay and Pope wouldn't know if the other two didn't."

And yet another nod no.

"Are you gonna do anything about it?" Kiara asked, finally looking up at her with a sympathetic look on her face.

"They can't do anything now. It's been like two years." Laura responded, throwing the pillow back onto the bed.

"LB, at least tell John B or JJ."

All she did was shrug, and that was the end of the conversation for the rest of the day.