1.22

LATER THAT NIGHT, THEY drove to Mrs Crain's house, the darkness overwhelming everything. The group had just arrived. Everyone was dressed in black clothing, not wanting to be seen at this time.

Laura was sitting in between JJ and Kiara, the group making terrible jokes about the plan they had. Which definitely included breaking and entering. But hey, they have nothing to lose, right?

John B was currently asking the group if they had everything, while Laura was fishing through the bag, signalling if they had the supplies.

"Grappling hook?" Said the older twin.

"No grappling hook. We're not batman." Replied the younger, laughing at her twin. "But we have everything."

Laura shoved everything back into the bag, and then threw the bag up into the front seat to John B who caught it while driving, almost crashing the van. "My bad."Laura lowered herself into her seat, trying to keep her laughs to herself.

Finally, they had arrived, and then the nerves settled right into Laura's stomach, although they weren't even going inside. But Laura wasn't complaining.

"Let's go get rich, guys." Said JJ, high fiving Laura with a smile.

"Hell yeah."

"Wait, wait." John B started, holding up everybody in the back seat. "I wanna say thank you guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight." He said, before looking at Laura with a smile.

"I feel like you forget we're twins. Can never leave each other alone." Laura held out her first, awaiting John B to hit his own against it, which he did. John B chuckled softly.

Pope chimed in, "Of course, man." Then they did their handshake that the entire group of Pogue's knew.

"All right, we done with this circle jerk? Can we go do this?" JJ said, cutting off the wholesome moment. Laura rolled her eyes, shoving his shoulder before climbing out of the van first.

"Let's get that wheat in the water."

Once everyone was out of the van, JJ slammed the door shut. Sarah first started climbing the wall, then Briar, then Kiara, and after her was Laura. The four girls awaited the boys on the other side.

Laura stuck with JJ in the back of the group as they walked towards the large house. It was a hard time for her to admit any feelings towards the blonde boy. Especially when they were doing all of this for her twin brother.

And plus, she knew damn well those feelings would never be returned.

The two stayed quiet on the walk up, until once they had the house in view, the lights in the front turned on, causing the whole group to freak out. JJ pulled Laura behind the bushes, obviously not wanting her to be seen by Mrs Crain.

Pope was the first to speak, saying the obvious statement. "Okay, so she has motion sensor lights."

"We could, uh... move really slowly maybe?" JJ chimed in.

"Nope. Not really how that works, JJ." Said Briar.

"Oh, shit. Let's throw a rock at it." John B whispered with an excited tone, causing confusion throughout the entire group.

"That's a really good idea, actually. Let the axe murderer know we're here." Kiara said, sarcasm lacing through every word.

"Do you have a better idea?"

"Literally anything but that." Kiara said with the same tone.

Sarah cut in, "What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch. We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids. And if we were brave enough we'd go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it."