2.15

PLEASE READ!!

hey y'all. so, before you start reading, i should probably clear up a few things. i know my updates have been extremely spaced out and sporadic, and i apologize for that, i really do. 

life has been true hell these past few months as i am struggling to get through my senior year as well as it being the peak of my dance season rn. i just had 2 back to back competitions and it's been hell but i'm getting through it.

my goal is to get act 2 done by my 18th birthday (May 29), but please be patient if that doesn't happen. thank you for understanding and sticking through all of this. i am extremely grateful for everyone who is still here and reading. thank you again <3

~~

THE FIRE WAS OUT, smoke still sputtering, a sign that it was just recently put out. Unfortunately, lights were still on, both acts showing life was there only moments before.

The sight of the two with a dangerous mission was uneasy to the Pogue's who were hidden up in the dead tree. The two looked around the backyard carefully, before Barry bolted into the house with a gun.

Laura would admit she was extremely scared in that moment. The way Rafe was looking and pacing the backyard with a gun in his hand, something can go very bad, very fast. They all knew it.

The girl was biting on her already short nails anxiously as the blonde boy looked over at her with concern. She was too focused on the Kook a few feet below them to even notice.

Things were being broken in the house, before Barry stormed back out. "Ain't no shit in there, bro."

"They were obviously just here based off the smoke, man!" Rafe yelled, throwing a hand out to signal at the fire pit.

Barry sighed. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Great observation, boy scout."

The two continued on with the bickering, Barry obviously over the Kook. Laura watched with suspense, not taking her eyes off of him.

Rage began laughing, pointing at the burn in the tree which was sentiment to the Pogue's. "Well shit."

"So your sister's a Pogue for life, huh, Rafe? Now who would've thought?" Barry retaliated.

"Shit!" Rafe yelled, alarming the five up in the tree.

Laura rested her head against the bark as her heart rate increased tremendously. Rafe shot at the tree, his aim being off as his arm raised above his head hitting right near JJ.

Barry was yelling at him as Laura looked over at the boy scared, seeing his own scared look as he turned to see the bullet hole in front of his face. The two ran off, going back to the truck.

Laura sighed out, watching the truck run over the gravel shakily as they left. John B and JJ were the first down, helping the three girls soon after. The blonde immediately pulled his girlfriend into a hug, asking if she ok as if only moments before a bullet almost hit him.

John B wasn't even paying attention to the couple as he paced back and forth before heading inside the house.

"I want all of this to be over." Laura whispers into JJ's shoulder as he hugged her tightly. He didn't respond, but just continued to comfort her through a hug.

The next morning everyone was alert, ready to leave the house as they waited for the arrival of Pope and Kiara. Laura looked over to Briar who was bouncing her knee anxiously. The tension inside was thick, so Laura made her way out to the dock, sitting and resting her feet in the water.

Her shoes were sitting beside her, socks tucked inside so she was ready to go. Footsteps were heard on the wood behind her, so Laura turned to find her brother walking over to her.