1.29

LAURA WOKE UP EARLY in the morning hearing the talking of her friends. Her back was in a lot of pain while her arm was asleep from being in the car all night squished between her brother and... she still didn't know what to call JJ.

Laura was laying her head over JJ's arm that was sprawled out under her. It was quite uncomfortable due to how close they all were in the back. Their seats were leaned back as far as possible, not wanting anybody to see the group of teens.

All Laura could hear was the sound of the car radio on. It was news about recent events in Outer Banks, including the shooting of Sheriff Peterkin. Mid sentence of the radio, police sirens were heard.

Both JJ and Laura immediately sat up and turned around, seeing two cars speeding down the road. She sighed out, leaning back down into her seat so she wasn't seen. Kiara looked back at John B, before shutting off the radio as it started to talk about the possible suspect of the shooting.

"Let's game this out. Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but... who are the cops gonna believe? Ward Cameron or us? So, the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of this island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused... is John B who is... pretty much a homeless 16-year-old boy at the moment." JJ said, looking over at the brunette.

"Thanks." Replied John B.

"Okay, man." JJ looked over at John B again. "Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option. What other option do you have?"

John B looked over. "Enough with the Mexico bullshit, all right? Sarah will bail me out."

"She did witness the whole thing." Kiara joined in.

"Thank you."

"And she's gonna snitch on her brother?" Pope asked.

JJ sat up, "Not happening, bro. Okay? We've gotta get you off the island."

"Has anyone filled Briar in on anything?" Said Laura, causing it to get quiet among the group. "I mean, Ward probably took all of Sarah's things to get in contact with any of us, so."

John B sat up, "Since when were you two friends?"

"Uh.. I mean we talked like two days ago or something." Laura shrugs. "It kinda just happened, I guess."

Pope turned in his seat, "What even happened between the two of you?"

It got quiet for a moment, before Kiara spoke up when she heard the police sirens once again. "Uh, guys just get down."

"Sarah's not a pogue, John B." Pope exclaimed.

"Yeah. You can't stay here, man." JJ added on.

Laura groaned and crossed her arms over her head, not wanting to hear the conversation any longer about her brother leaving. Everyone took the hint and stopped talking.

Pope walked back to the car extremely panicked, walking to the drivers side. He was holding a piece of paper. "Okay. Okay. All right, no."

"Pope, can you act normal?" Kiara asked.

"Okay, So, um... okay, so, bad news. The ferry's closed, and there's this." Pope handed Kiara the paper.

Her face immediately went into shock, and she showed it to the three in the back. Laura sat up from sitting on the floorboard between the two seats in the center, seeing the 'WANTED' poster with her brother's face on it.

JJ grabbed the paper from her, showing it to the brunette boy who was sitting back all the way so no one could see him from outside of the car. "Well, John B, uh... this is a good framer of you."