1.08

LAURA HAD FALLEN ASLEEP in the backseat of the van after getting herself way too high, which caused her to get very tired. The amount of stress and anxiety in her body was getting worse, which is why she decided to smoke more than she usually would. And it wasn't even that long of a ride.

"Did she like... Die or something?" Kiara asked JJ, who had Laura's head resting on his lap as she was completely passed out.

"She sure as hell looks like it." John B said, looking back for a split second at his sister. "Also, JJ, what the hell is going on between you two?" He continued, his tone completely changing.

"Nothing is going on between me and your sister, bro. Calm down." JJ responded, lightly raising his voice. The other two stayed quiet, letting them bicker.

The Pogue's had eventually made their way to the lighthouse, and they all got out while JJ had to attempt to wake up Laura. He usually woke her up pretty much every morning but because of how much nicotine had entered her system, it was going to be a little more difficult.

JJ had woken her up, but she was still completely out of it, still in her high state. Laura sat up, looking around hazy. "Come on, LB. They're all outside waiting." JJ said, opening the van door. Laura gave him a thumbs up, before climbing out.

"Right. You're gonna post up and look out for bogey's, okay?" John B said, walking over to JJ.

"Wait.. why me?"

John B pointed at the girl who was looking around, confused. "That's why." Obviously these drugs affected everybody differently, and this is how it was for the small girl. "If we split up, we meet at JJ's house."

The two groups split up, Kiara and John B climbing the fence, while Laura sat down on the ground, staring off into nothingness. "This is what we're stuck with while they're up there?"

JJ gave Pope a look, before picking up a rock. Laura rocked over, tapping JJ's leg, making him look down towards her. "You-- You have very pretty eyes. Thought I should tell you."

"Thanks, I guess." JJ said, laughing. The two boys began throwing the rock back and forth until eventually, they heard sirens. "Shit." JJ immediately picked Laura up into a standing position, forcing her into the back seat of the van, then ran around towards the driver's seat.

"Let's go somewhere so you know.. Nobody has to see her like this." Pope said, and JJ nodded. Laura let out a huff and fell back against the seat.

After a while, John B pulled up, signaling for them to get in the van. Laura was no longer as high as she previously was since neither JJ nor Pope would let her have anything. They got to the restaurant, waiting to get Kiara.

"She says she's not coming." Pope says, walking out and back towards the van.

"Why not?" JJ asks, confused.

"Shit. Hang on, I'll deal with it." John B says, before getting out and walking towards the restaurant. He soon disappeared behind the door, leaving the three alone once again.

Laura was tapping the back of the driver's seat, it being some random tune she had just created. Her constant fidgety nature made her do this, and her friends were well aware of it. Sometimes it was easy to stop, others not so much.

JJ turned around to face the girl before grabbing one of her hands to get her to stop. "Sorry." Laura said, dropping her hand onto her lap, still having a smile on her face.

It was finally night, and the sky was getting darker, just not completely yet. Pope, JJ, and Laura were sitting in the back, while Kiara had claimed the passenger seat, and obviously, John B was driving. JJ and Laura were passing a joint back and forth, enjoying each other's company.