1.23

"WE'LL MELT THE BRICKS so they're not traceable. We'll take it to the pawn shop, and after that, we'll pay for JJ's restitution."

The three teenagers were walking back up to the Cameron's house, being happier than they had been all week.

"How many bars?"

"I don't know. It was all muddy. I think it was like 500." Said John B, stopping and turning to look at the two girls.

"500?" Laura asked with a huge smile on her face.

"600."

"600 bars of gold?" Sarah replied, almost laughing from the excitement of it all.

John B smiled back at the two girls. "I don't know, could be a thousand. It was all muddy but it was everywhere. Covering the walls, stacks of it. Four hundred million dollars. It's all there."

Laura looked over at Sarah, then back at her brother. "That's crazy, dude."

"We did it. Now we just have to get it out of there." John B's voice stayed low, not matching the words leaving his mouth. Laura was beyond ecstatic.

Sarah begins walking, "Right, so how will we do that?"

The three continue walking towards the entrance of the Cameron's house. John B began explaining the plan that Pope thought of. It was definitely a lot to take in, but it didn't matter. 400 million dollars was involved.

As they begin walking onto the porch, Ward Cameron steps out in front of the three teenagers. "Hey. What are you three plotting?"

Laura looked at the other two confused. "The usual stuff. World domination or whatever." She flashed a fake smile at the man.

He looked over at Sarah. "That's my girl. Always aiming high. It's gonna have to wait a day, though, 'cause I'm taking this kid fishing tomorrow morning. First light." He turns to look at John B. "Just you and me."

"No, he can't tomorrow. We have plans. The three of us." Sarah said, trying to save their relationship.

"Oh, really? What plans are those? Sit by the pool all day? Look, that boat needs a first mate, and you need to start earning your keep around here, all right?" Ward said, pointing a finger at the boy's chest.

"Dad."

Ward chuckles. "What? Sweetie I'm kidding. He's new to the family. I wanna take him fishing. All right?"

Laura tilts her head to the side. "Can I go as well? Me and John B are usually pretty inseparable."

"I just want to go one on one with the kid for the day. All right, Laura?"

Laura drops her face, not believing a word leaving his mouth. None of it sounded convincing enough for her. "Okay." Ward walks back inside, leaving the three just standing there awkwardly.

"He said it looked something like this. That's 50 feet down, and they're using 100-feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go..." The girls start laughing, "...straight to the gold room."

Laura grabbed the paper from Kiara, needing to get a closer look at it, laughing. Sarah leaned over, also wanting to get a closer look. "Who drew this?"

"Who do you think?" Replied Laura, then looking over to the two boys outside.

JJ rounded the corner, going towards the van set outside the house. "Kie, this better work." He dropped the gold onto the floor of the van. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

Kiara grabbed the fire torch from the floorboard, holding it up. "It's gonna work."

Soon they got to work on melting the gold bars. John B and Sarah sat against the tree close together, his arm resting over her leg. Laura would never admit this to either of them, but she was starting to like seeing them together.