2.05

y'all, i'd like to apologize for how long it took to get this update out. i've been so busy recently. school is kicking my ass and i'm a competitive dancer so i'm like.. never home. ok, anyway, i hope you enjoy this chapter. once again, i'm sorry

~~

BRIAR MADE A HUGE mistake. Laura was in a lot of pain that wouldn't go away, and the blonde has a hidden stash of weed in her closet. Everything else is self explanatory.

Laura was getting better about how she acted when high, not as childish as she used to be. But oh was she incredibly giggly when she was. And Briar was regretting every moment that she caused.

The five teenagers were crammed into the car, Kiara driving. Briar let JJ know what she did, and somehow the blonde boy convinced her to bring some weed for him as well. He wasn't nearly as bad as Laura, though.

She was sitting behind the passenger seat, holding a bag of Lay's chips in her hands. JJ was to her left, putting his hand in the chip bag every once in a while earning a slap on the hand from the high girl.

Every time this action happened, JJ couldn't help but laugh. The other three were sick of it, and Briar was getting lectured by Kiara.

There was a debate between JJ and Pope about leaving Laura in the car and allowing her to go with the group. But there was Laura, standing between her boyfriend and best friend, peaking over the wooden door.

The rain was pouring down hard, the five immediately getting soaked once stepping outside of the car. Laura loved the rain though, which she has now stated to them three times, and every time she's earned a 'Shh' from Kiara.

Pope had an old camera in his hands, looking through the lens. Laura was inching closer to JJ, putting an arm under his jacket and around his waist. He didn't seem to mind, ignoring the action and looking over at Pope.

"Nice camera. Where'd you dig up that relic? Why don't you just use your phone?" The blonde boy asked, throwing a confused look over. Laura pointed over at him, indirectly agreeing.

Pope glanced over, "Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics. Second of all, this is a telephoto. It allows me to get a close image from far away."

"Lord of the dorks."

Laura started giggling, laying her head onto JJ's arm that was resting on top of the wooden door to try and stop herself. Luckily it muffled her a good amount so it wasn't interrupting or annoying.

Pope sighed. "For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glasses. There he is."

Everyone's gaze followed Ward Cameron running down the street, holding a duffle bag close to his chest. JJ grabbed Laura's shoulder. "Yo, get down."

The five crouched quickly right as the thunder sounded loudly through the area. Suddenly hunger bubbled in Laura's stomach, which she could sadly do nothing about at the moment. The food that she had was gone since she ate it on the way over.

"And there's Gavin." Pope interrupted her thoughts. The two men looked around suspiciously before going into the unstructured building. He put the camera back up to his eye. "Where are you going, you son of a bitch? No, no, no, no. I'm losing him. Shit. Where's he going?"

JJ looked up, letting go of Laura. "Hold on."

The blonde ran back around to the side of the building the five were sitting by, leaving Laura confused. She looked back at him, seeing him looking up at something on the other side of the building.

He whistled, gaining their attention. "Yo! Hey, I found something. Come here."

Laura was first to go over to the boy, the other's quickly following. He continued to run around the building, pointing towards a ladder. "We gotta go up top."

The brunette girl followed up the ladder, surprised she didn't fall backwards down it. Usually when she was high, she was giggly and extremely clumsy. Which she most definitely was. But maybe Laura was already getting rid of the high, she thought.

JJ led the way towards the edge of the building, crouching by the edge to look at the two older men without getting caught. Laura gripped his arm lightly, beginning to feel nauseous. The blonde looked over with concern.

"Are you okay?" JJ asked, with the slightest amount of sarcasm in his voice.

Laura nodded, although she wasn't sure if she believed herself that much. She took a deep breath, leaning back so she could be fully seated on the roof. She caught herself on her hands, looking up at JJ.

"Uh.. what's wrong with her?" Kiara asked.

Laura looked up, seeing Kiara and Briar's eyes on her. Pope was still looking through the lens, giving updates every few seconds. JJ grabbed Laura's hand, sitting next to her and looking up at Kiara. "Maybe I should take her home."

"In the rain? You know, some people get really sick when high." Kiara and JJ looked at each other pointedly. "Okay, yeah. Maybe take her home."

JJ stood up, still holding onto the girl's hand. Nobody knew why the sickness had hit her so quickly and randomly, since it's never happened before. Kiara had her suspicions, but was going to wait to say anything until they weren't in their current situation.

"But the thing is, she never gets sick. Only really fucking happy." JJ explained, maintaining eye contact with Laura.

The sick girl slowly stood up from where she was sitting on the roof, leaning some of her weight onto the blonde who was still holding her hand tightly.

Everyone else around her was utterly confused. Laura always thought it was Pope who would get sick from being high, not her. She started laughing to herself at the thought, before quickly covering her mouth with a hand and running to the side of the building.

JJ ran after her, holding her hair back as she threw up over the side of the building. He got disgusted himself, covering his mouth and looking away from her.

"Goddamn JJ. If you don't take her home I will!" Kiara yelled over to the blonde boy.

He sighed, "Yup. I'm on it, Kie!" JJ yelled back to the curly haired girl.

Walking back to the chateau in the rain was not ideal for either person. The entire way back, Laura kept repeatedly apologizing, and all she got back from JJ was an 'Stop apologizing. It's not your fault.' They all knew it was Briar's.

Laura stumbled over her own feet trying to find her bed. Instead JJ just helped her onto the pull out couch, knowing it would be too difficult to lead her through the hallway.

She passed out instantly, leaving JJ alone in the house. Laura was incredibly grateful that he was always there for her, though.

~~

i'm aware of how bad this chapter is, i was just trying to get something published