1.04

ALRIGHT, YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND the Outer Banks without understanding the boneyard. It's-- as John B would put it-- like a three layer burrito. There's the group and their friends, the working class derelicts. Also known as Pogues.

Then, there are the Kooks, the rich second-homers. They're mostly from poncey-ass boarding schools, just rich trustafarian posers. Their natural enemies. And then, there are the Tourons. Totally clueless. Here for a week on vacation with their families. Chum for the sharks.

"I can definitely chug a beer faster than you, LB!" JJ yelled towards his friend. The girl laughed, refilling her red solo cup, before making her way over towards him with a smirk plastered on her face.

"I challenge you, then. Because I know that I'll win."

"Challenge accepted." He responded, smirking back down at her. Then, some random person started a countdown and they began chugging down their drinks. Laura had in fact beat the other, but not by much time. She threw her cup down and yelled-

"Done! I win!" JJ wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up, causing a yelp to escape her lips. The two started laughing, already becoming tipsy due to the amount of alcohol they had consumed.

"What is she doing here?" Kiara asked Laura. She turned her head to see Sarah Cameron.

Sarah Cameron. Kiara's best friend in ninth grade and worst enemy in the tenth. It was a rough journey. And then there was her terrible boyfriend, Topper. Laura could never understand why somebody would name their child that. Topper. It just bothered her.

And then there was Topper's sister, Briar. She is somewhat better- but not much. She was, as far as Laura was concerned, still a snobby rich kid. But at least she would associate herself with the Pogues every once in a while. She was one of the few Kooks that didn't see them as completely less than.

As the night went on, JJ and Laura were having the time of their lives. The two continued on with their shenanigans, not having a single care in the world. "Here you go, m'lady." JJ said to Laura with a bad english accent, bowing, while handing her her drink.

"Thank you, good sir." She replied with just as bad of an accent. Laura curtseyed towards him, before they made their way over to John B.

"Yo, I got this for you." JJ said over the loud crowd of people around them. "Want it?" He finished, holding the cup out for his friend to take.

"For me? Yeah, I'll take a sip." John B replied, beginning to take the cup from JJ, but he held onto it when his eyes fell on the blonde girl walking past.

"Oh, wait. Hey, hey. Hey, Sarah!" Sarah and Topper turned their heads when hearing the voice of JJ, and started walking towards the three Pogue's, confused. "Sarah, can I interest you in a tasty Milwaukee beverage?"

"No, thanks." Sarah replied, not impressed by his antics.

"What, is it not fancy enough for you?" JJ said, causing Laura to stifle a small laugh next to him, but she covered her mouth and turned her head so it didn't seem like it was her who did it.

"No. We were just leaving." Sarah replied, a slight smile resting on her lips.

"Hey, you know what? I'll take it." Topper says with a sarcastic smile, holding his hand out towards JJ to take the cup of alcohol. "-I'll-- Thank you, man. I appreciate it."

"That's nice, but I didn't ask you. If you said pretty please, maybe, but you didn't. Maybe I can find your sister and see if she wants it." JJ continued on, earning a glare from the boy in front of him.

Laura walked around the two Kook's, and stepped in front of them. "Can I pretty please have the drink, JJ?" She said, emphasizing the words 'pretty please' and holding his arm lightly.