1.21

IT WAS EARLY IN the morning when they left to go pick up Kiara. Laura still had no idea what was happening, as her brother and her friends were keeping everything from her. Her and Pope pulled up to the dock and waited for the curly haired girl.

"What the hell is going on?" Kiara said frustrated, walking down the dock towards the boat.

"Okay, JJ and John B conked out in the marsh. They need a tow." Pope said, standing up.

Laura looked between the two confused. "What do me and Kiara have to do with this? And why did John B and JJ leave our house so early this morning?"

All Pope did was shrug as Kiara climbed into the boat. "We need you for mechanical."

Laura sat down on the front of the boat, resting her hand behind her so she could lean back. It didn't take entirely too long to get to the marsh, although it felt much longer to Laura as she didn't want to be spending her morning like this.

"John B and JJ are up in the Alp." Pope said to the two girls as they slowly made their way to the other boat.

"Can't you guys do anything without us?" Kiara replied with a smartass tone in her voice.Kiara climbed into the bigger boat first, and then Laura. "What the hell happened?"

"Uh, the alternator's, uh, not alternating anymore." JJ said, obviously having no idea what he was saying. Laura just nodded her head slowly, looking out the window of the boat while the others tried to figure out what was happening.

"You really didn't need both of us." Laura said, looking back down at the two boys while Kiara took charge.

"Well, why would I not want my sister and one of my best friends here to help us with a boat?" John B said with a fake smile, wrapping an arm around Laura's shoulders.

"I don't know, you tell me."

"Well, you girls have fun trying to figure that out." JJ said, as the two boys then walked out of the Alp.

"You guys are useless." Kiara stated.

Laura watched as the two boys started running across to get onto the other boat. They jumped into the water, and Laura immediately ran over to the side of the boat, resting her hands on it as she watched them swim away to the boat with Pope.

"What the hell?" Laura yelled at the three.

Banging was heard from inside the boat, so Laura turned to find Kiara opening it, and then a look of confusion washed over, before she stood up and ran over to where Laura was. Just then, Sarah and Briar climbed out from inside and Laura's face dropped.

"You're kidding me, right?" Laura turned back to look at the boys.

Immediately Sarah and Briar ran over to the other two girls, angered as the boys climbed into the smaller boat. "Get your asses back here!"

"We can't! Not until you four figure it out." John B yelled back to Kiara.

Briar started undressing, just leaving her in her bathing suit. She climbed over, jumping into the water to swim after the three.

"Does she really think she'll be able to catch up to them?" Laura said quietly to Kiara, who just shrugged her shoulders.

"You don't even know where you're going!" Kiara yelled out to the blonde. "They're not coming back for you!"

Laura rolled her eyes, resting her hands on the edge of the boat watching as Briar started swimming, seeing the Jellyfish right behind her. Before she got the chance to say anything, Briar screamed out, going below the water and then popping back up.