Ch 5 : Siblings

.
.
.
.
A group of Physicians had just left Ruby Palace after treating their prince. They concluded that the reason Arius collapsed was due to usage of mana before his body could handle it. Though it was not something too serious. Arius would be completely fine if he was to get some good rest and take the medicines prescribed by the physicians.

Olivia was beyond relieved. She thanked them multiple times. Olivia was tending to Arius who had a high fever, staying with him at all times, While Lily on the other hand was tending to Athanasia who was also bedridden from a cold, due to falling in the lake.

Athy was able to recover In almost two days. Ruby Palace had gotten new maids and Felix was assigned as Athanasia's Royal Guard. After recovering She went to visit her brother who she remembered had saved her when she fell.

Knock* Knock*

"Brother , it's me Athy, Can I come in?"

"...Sure"

Olivia stepped outside to give the siblings some time alone.

"Brother , How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine.. Those pesky doctors are making too much fuss."

"..Thank You, brother... for saving me like that... " Athy Fiddled with her fingers and kept her head low as If feeling guilty for putting him in danger over her stupid curiosity of a flower.

"Athy.. tell me ... Will you still act nice with him even though he ignored you drowning? "

"..."

'Its true. Those cold eyes that looked at me with amusement as I drowned. That man who didn't even move as his daughter was drowning before his eyes. I guess that's just my fate huh? Athanasia was fated to be ignored and hated by Claude. Why am I even trying? heh...but then..'

"What else can I Do? " Athanasia mumbled looking down , but Arius heard it.

"Express your true feelings with him."

"Huh."

'Does he want me to die? I can't just go to Claude and tell him :"Hi, Please dont kill me. " '

"He's a Jerk. And if you keep enduring this treatment it's only gonna get worse. You're still young Athy , you shouldn't bottle up your emotions like this."

"..But Brother did you know Dad sent me , Sir Felix and so many new maids, So-" Athy just nodded

"Is that enough compensation for your life? Athy , I said no to the boat ride, but Dad forcibly took me , if he had not done that. You could've died."

A silence began.
...
...

Olivia knocked and came in after Arius's permission.

"Your Highness, Lady Lilian is looking for you."

"Ah! it must be time for my lessons, sorry brother I have to go. I'll visit soon though." Athy said as she waved her hand and went away.

"Sure " Arius waved back to her.

The siblings were invited by the emperor once again after three days to the incident. Arius again refused but this time he had the excuse of being sick and Athy was forced to go alone.

Claude had fallen asleep in his room, after calling for them. Felix shoved Athy into his room and after looking around the room She finally saw Claude sleeping on the couch.

Claude woke up soon after Athy's failed attempt at punching him and ending up singing a Lullaby. Claude asked the servants to prepare the dinner.

At the dining table