Ch 48 : Chance?

"So, how does mana transfer work exactly?" Arius asked.

"You know how to control your mana right? Just focus it to your hands and try directing its flow into my hands." Lucas explained as he joined his right hand with Arius.

"That's it? Just physical contact and directing its flow?"

"What did you expect?"

"Er, Well Athy doesn't know mana control and she's unconscious. So if you had to take her excess mana, how would you do it?" Arius asked.

"Her mana situation is different. Her mana is in excess which is why it doesn't know where to go and and is causing chaos within her body. I can control her mana flow by using my own mana. And then direct it to my own body."

Arius looked at Lucas and made an 'O' shape with his lips as he understood what the mage had spoken.

"Since your mana is quite stable, you can direct it to my body yourself."

"Oki! Let's try it!"

The two placed the palm of their hands together. Arius clossd his eyes and concentrated on his mana.

The mana core of a person is located in their abdomen. To direct mana from the abdomen to his right hand. And then to release and transfer it to Lucas's right hand.

Arius was visualizing it in his head and he could feel his mana flowing within him. From his right shoulder to  his arm and finally his hand.

"Your Highness!?" A series of shouts could be heard from afar. Suddenly, Arius broke out of his in depth concentration.

"Ah..." He looked at his hand, disappointed.

"Your Highness!"

That's Gun...

"Tch, go for now. You lost your focus. Keep practicing though. I'll be back for my mana."

Snap!

And with that , the young warlock disappeared.

----

Arius decided to leave the forest and go back to his Palace.

The moment he came out of the forest he was greeted by Gunther.

"Your Highness! You were here? I-I heard about the princess... "

Gunther looked at him with his worried eyes.

"Athy will be better in no time! For now let's go back to the Palace."

Athanasia wasn't the problem right now. He could ask Lucas to heal her whenever, the problem was that wench.

Vivia. Lennox.

----

Arius was now in Emerald Palace, reading a book while eating a sandwich as per his nanny's constant worrying.

He was sitting in the sleeping princess's room. He would glance at her every ten minutes to see if anything changed. But nothing.

Gunther and Cadell were guarding the door outside. And as for the father of the royal children, after Arius ditched him at the library he has not been spotted.

Magicians had been coming and leaving Athanasia's room since the morning. Arius told them to simply cast a spell that would keep the princess asleep for a long time. After they did as the prince instructed them, the magicians were told to leave.

Thud

In came Olivia with worried eyes.

"Your Highness, are you hungry? maybe another sandwich? or perhaps juice?" Olivia asked as she took the empty plate from the table.

"Nothing Via, Thank you."

Olivia stood for a few more seconds looking at Arius with worry before leaving.

Thud

"Lucas."

It took less than a minute for a young boy to be standing beside the prince.

"Can you blow up the counts manor in the east?" Arius asked.

If the counts manor got blown up, then Vivia and Vincent would have to hurry back to the Eastern borders to investigate the incident.

Ah, but what if Claude stops them from going back because he thinks it's too dangerous and deploys the imperial knights to investigate instead?

"Give me ideas, how do I drive away those two lilacs?"

"Just kill them If they're giving you trouble."

Lucas was now sitting on a chair beside Arius.

Arius looked at Lucas with a slight shocked look.

Kill them?

Well, he does hate them but he never thought of completely erasing their existence out of the world.

Killing is bad. That's what he had thought up till now.

But, didn't Claude kill all his concubines after Diana died? Isn't Claude supposed to a cold-hearted psychopathic emperor? And isn't Arius the son of said emperor. So it would be quite normal for him to kill people he dislikes.

But Claude likes them , he might become hated by Claude if he does kill them.

Arius sighed in despair.

"I can't kill them. The Emperor might kill me for doing such a thing." Arius massaged his head with his left hand and leaned back on the chair.

"Lucas, do you know where the emperor is right now?"

"Who knows." Lucas stood up and walked over to Athanasia. 

He observed her mana.

"She's...okay , right?" Arius asked, a bit worried seeing as how Lucas was quite.

"Your sister...She's just like you."

Ah, is he talking about the reincarnation?

"Tha-"

Thud

The door opened to reveal a blond man.

Arius got up from his seat and noticed Lucas had vanished as well.

"Dad..."

"Arius, you were here? I was looking everywhere." Claude slightly frowned. He was already worried about Athanasia and his son was nowhere to be found either.

He felt some relief when he saw his son standing, visibly well.

Claude looked towards the sleeping Athanasia. He walked over to her bed and sat beside her.

Arius was surprised to see Claude alone. No lilacs around him. Is this his chance?

"Are you worried about her?" Claude asked as he placed his hand on Athanasia's forehead.

Arius walked up to Athanasia's bed as well and sat on the opposite side to which Claude was sitting.

"No. Athy's strong, she'll be fine." Arius smiled at his sister.

Claude observed his son.

"Have you eaten anything?"

Arius nodded his head. He then looked at Claude, deciding whether to speak or not.

Okay, deep breaths.

"Your Majesty, do you like Countess Lennox?"

.
.
.
Vote and Comment!

[A/N] : The next update may take a while as well since I'm too lazy to write, lol . Please be patient!

Thank you for all the votes and comments, I really enjoy reading the comments!

Lastly,

Thank you for reading ! Hope you liked it!