Ch 58 : The Guests Arrive

The royal siblings entered the grand dining hall to see their dad sitting at the head seat.

The two quickly sat down and went on about their day to their dad, lunch was served and the family conversed as they ate.

"Felix will be arriving today. The Villareals as well." Claude told them.

The siblings stopped moving their utensils and focused on Claude completely.

"They'll arrive after sunset. We will have dinner with them."

The siblings looked at each other with the look of utter disgust remembering their time with a certain lilac during lunch.

"The ceremony to bestow the title is simple and short. It will take place tomorrow in the morning. As soon as it's done they can leave." Claude explained as he focused on his tea.

"So they'll be here for only the night and day?" Athanasia asked.

"Yes, or should I prepare the ceremony at night so they can simply leave in the morning?" Claude looked at his children for their opinion.

The two younger royals looked at each other with a hint of worry and guilt.

"Dad, how long does it take to travel here from Feradona?"

"A week at most, but Felix was eager to come back since he's left his post empty for a while."

"We can hold the ceremony in the morning, after all the guests would be tired. They'll need a good rest first." Arius decided. Athanasia nodded her head in approval.

"Very well, but if you two have anything to tell me..." Claude placed his teacup down.

"Arius", he looked at his son, "Athanasia", and then at his daughter.

"You are the prince and princess of this empire. Your authority is second to mine."

"If anyone says anything to you, tell me. If you come looking for me and I'm busy with people, you have the authority to ask those people to step outside."

" You don't need to wait for me to be free to talk to me."

" You don't need to care whether the people you're using your authority on are adults or not. Whoever it is, they will always be below you. So use the authority of the Alger Obelia name, and use it with pride. "

Claude spoke with such a captivating tone that the siblings couldn't help but pay attention to every word.

"The life of a royal isn't easy, but it comes with privileges. I know I haven't been a good father to you two, and I'm... trying to become better, but if you face any difficulty and I am not by your side, then use your authority. Exercise your power. Teach anyone who annoys you, what they got themselves into."

"I... tend to get wrapped in my work and sometimes end up not seeing the two of you needing my help. I-" Claude stopped.

Drip

A trail of tear lined Athanasia chubby cheeks. She had her eyes half-wide from surprise and was slowly turning into a waterfall.

Claude looked at Arius who was rubbing his eyes with his arm.

"Dad! You need to warn us before you start talking like that!"

"I- hic - know right! " Athanasia added.

"Start talking like what?" Claude asked dumbfounded.

"Geez!" Arius spoke in annoyance as he rubbed his eyes again. "...Thank you, dad. I love you a lot and I'm really thankful to have you as my dad." Arius spoke in a low voice.