Ch 26 : I don't wanna die

Arius and Gunther were running towards the Garnet Palace. The assassins shot daggers every time they got, but Gunther would surprisingly deflect each and all of them.

They really were training hard

Arius thought.

Suddenly two of the assassins jumped in front of them and took out their blades. "Keep running!" Gunther shouted as he ran up in front of Arius to take care of them.

Clang Clang Clang

Arius ran ahead amongst their clashes. "Don't worry about me! Just run!" Gunther shouted as he saw Arius hesitate. Garnet Palace was right in front of them.

Gunther was fighting off two of the assassins while the other two were now running behind Arius. Their daggers were visible in their hands and they were almost a step away from Arius as he was running in the halls of the Palace. Arius took a few turns and lost one of the assassin but the other was right behind him.

"Help! Someone! Felix!" Arius shouted.

Garnet Palace didn't have any staff. Claude preferred it that way. So no matter how much Arius shouted , no one could hear him.

"Felix!"

Felix wasn't  there.

Why! Where is he!

"Ah!"

The man suddenly grabbed Arius's collar from behind. The moon shone through the windows in the hall. The dagger in the man's hand sparkled in the light. The assassin lifted Arius up from the collar of his shirt and pointed the dagger at him.

This is it?

He's  gonna kill me?

I'm gonna die ?

Arius closed his eyes.

That's... okay

I've died before too.

it's fine I was an extra from the start.

it's okay

Suddenly, memories of the past five years flashed through his eyes.

When he met Athanasia.

The fun they had.

Olivia tucking him in bed.

Him teasing Felix.

His time with his friends.

Cadell

Gunther

and then finally

Claude

When they met

when Claude forbid his coffee

When Claude hugged him and told him that...

that he...

That Claude loved him.

that he wanted to protect him.

Unknowingly tears streamed down his cheeks. It felt wrong.

Why , I'm just an extra.