Ch 34 : Lennox County

Vincent Lennox. The first son of  Vivia Lennox. Arius had gone through some books about nobility and Vivia Lennox was mentioned in almost all of them.

During the war against the previous emperor, she was a prominent supporter of Claude. She was known as 'The Dancing Lilac' on the battlefield. Quite a silly name, but Felix felt relieved when he heard he wasn't alone.

Her sword style was a mixture of many, making it unique to her. And as her title said, when she fought, it seemed more like a dance. Grace dripping from her sword as it sliced its enemies. Her identification trait was her hair color that stood out.

And the one standing before Arius was none other than her son, Vincent Lennox, who had inherited her hair color. 

Although he doesn't look much of a fighter

Arius thought about his question earlier. He had found it weird that those children were living in a building which had an active supply of water and cooking utensils. Where had they gotten it from ? They mentioned Vincent helping them.

"Well? Your Highness?" Vincent asked.

"I don't know." Arius admitted, as he stared suspiciously at Vincent.

Willow being able to navigate through the mansion as If it was her home. Mia was from the Deferim Tribe as Felix had heard during the auction. Arius had been suspicious ever since.

"I see, then..." Vincent walked closer to Arius and bowed his head.

"Please don't be so suspicious of me. I will tell you everything you wish to know. And your highness, I am on your side. " Vincent smiled, a creepy one, which made Arius doubt him even more.

"Your expressions don't match your words."

"And here I heard people say I have an angelic smile."

"They must be blind."

"If you say so." Vincent stopped smiling.

"So, what exactly is the Lennox County planning by gathering these children?" Arius asked.

"Oh, we simply brought together talents from across the continent. All in goodwill I assure you... my mother suspects a war to start in the near future."

"A war?"

There were no wars in Who Made Me A Princess.

"Yes. With the Empire north to Obelia."

"Merika Empire?"

"Yes, I've heard there have been succession disputes going on. And all the candidates to the throne aren't quite favored by the citizens. Whoever succeeds the emperor will try to prove themselves in one way or the other."

"And the most easiest way to show their worth as emperor is by winning a war against a strong nation?" Arius asked as he felt the idea was silly.

"Yes, well the Merik Empire's Imperial Family is more quick with their blades than their tongue."

"And so what if they do wage war? As amazing as their skills might be, they're still kids. And Obelia has several high ranking mages and skilled knights. "

"That is true. But there's no harm in polishing their talents. Mother intended on taking these children to the north and hone their skills in the harsh winter, after they aged a bit. Of course we weren't going to force them. " Vincent explained. "But it seems you've already took Cadell and Gunther as knights."

"So now what will you do? Ask me to kick them out of the Palace?" Arius asked.

"Haha! Ofcourse not, from the beginning we simply wanted to benefit our empire and what would be better than for one of the royals to make use of the talents we've gathered." Vincent unknowingly began to smile with his eyes closed as he stepped back.

I don't really see how the county will benefit from this. Are they doing it out of loyalty? I mean I don't really know much about them... but for some reason they sound suspicious. Or maybe it's just cause of his smile.

Arius looked at Vincent once again smiling and he felt an ominous feeling climb his chest.

"And how does the county benefit from this? I assume you're thinking." Vincent spoke and Arius was now sure that this guy was super shady.

"Well you see..." Vincent came closer and continued,"My mom admires the emperor a lot...and by training these children to help the empire...she was hoping that..." 

Arius knew where this was going and his expression turned pale from the thought.

'admires'...why does that sound more like 'loves'...no way... is she-no-no-no

Arius's face became horrified over the thought.

"Hahaha! I was just joking your Highness! " Vincent spoke as he laughed and Arius could feel his blood boil from anger. Oh how much he wanted to punch the boy in front of him.

"Hmph, we should head back." Arius said as he began walking back.

"Oh, but don't you wanna ask anything else~?" Vincent asked in an innocent voice making Arius glare back at him , only to see his smiling face.

"Arius, oh and Vincent." A voice came from the sky.

Arius and Vincent looked up to see pale blonde hair and clear purple eyes.

"were you guys heading back?" Vincent asked.

"Yea. What were you guys talking about? "  Winslow inquired.

Vincent smiled,"Just random stuff to get to know each other."

"Let's go together then, if you're done chatting."

.
.
.
Vote and Comment!