Ch 51 : Imperial Order?

Arius could feel his nerves popping due to this womans audacity.

Gunther could feel Arius getting mad too, and tried to cool him down through whispers.

"Your highness...should I take it from here? you seem tired. I'll tell them to visit sometime else."

"...No, instead Gun, Can you bring Cad here?"

Gunther seemed surprised by the request.

"...as you wish."

Gunther quietly left the room and Vincent observed him as he left.

"So Arius! Take us to Claude!" Vivia said in an annoying tone.

She had been speaking for such a long time, that now Arius had a headache. He really was at his limit.

"Countess, please shut up."

Only three words did the trick and Vivia Lennox along with her son were sitting there with their mouths opened wide.

"State your business with His Majesty, or the door." Arius gestured towards the door leading outside.

The lilacs gulped at the tone the young boy was using.

"Ahah Arius~ c'mon what's with the tone?" Vivia asked as she laughed nervously.

The young prince's eyes resembled that of the emperors. Cold and emotionless. They could feel the atmosphere slowly becoming chilly.

Chilly, yes. Ice, Snow, Frost. Call it whatever you may, that was Snow's ability. And with the increased synchronization between Snow and Arius, the prince could easily summon snow to him despite them being far away. And Arius had summoned Snow who was in Sapphire Palace with Raven to the Emerald Place for a small task.

Snow always appears invisible and after being ordered by Arius, he becomes visible. Currently he was sitting on Arius's lap in invisibility. 

"Its a simple question. State your business If you have any or else leave. I have better ways to waste my time."

Vivia placed a hand on her head and began scratching it as if thinking of what to say.

"Okay look kid. Your dad requested me to come to the capital for a task and I'm simply fulfilling my duties as his loyal subordinate. This is basically an order from the emperor, so compared to him an order from a prince is not supposed to be followed." Vivia spoke in a serious tone herself.

An order from the emperor?

"What was the order?"

"That's between me and the emperor. Now lead me to him."

"As I said, he is busy."

"Then we can wait. Outside the room he's in."

Arius gritted his teeth.

"Wait here." Arius stood up and made his way to the door.

"Leaving your guests alone is bad manners." Vivia spoke.

"Firstly, I can't believe you're talking to me about manners, secondly you are not a guest." Arius spoke coldly before shutting the door close. Leaving the lilacs with a chill down their spine. 

"...Mother I think you went overboard...Prince Arius looks quite angry."

" Vincent." She glared at him to shut up.

Meanwhile Arius had left the room only to bump into Cadell and Gunther.

"Your highness, you called for me."

"Yea, Athy's awake. You should go to her."

Cadells and Gunthers eyes widened.

"The Princess...is awake?"

"Yep, let's go together since I have something to discuss with father."

-----

"This...it's a miracle. Suddenly all the excess mana within her highness has vanished..." The magician spoke.

"Is her condition stable now?" Claude asked in his  old voice since he was still mad at the incompetence of the Palace mages.

"Y-Yes your Majesty. Ths princess is perfectly fine now. She hasn't eaten anything the whole day so she might have slight weakness but other than that she's fine."

The magician bowed and left.

Athanasia looked at Claude who was standing and observing her.

"Even the mages don't know how you regained stability..." Claude looked at Athanasia and mumbled before going into his thoughts.

"That's because Daddy came to visit me! " Athanasia  said once again in her bubbly voice.

Claude just looked at her intently, making her feel embarrased and awkward of her actions.

Knock

Knock

"Come in."

"Ah, Brother!"

Arius smiled at her, "Athy I'll be back in a minute to talk to you."

"Uh..." Athanasia looked confused.

Arius walked up to Claude and said in a cold tone, "We need to talk, dad."

Claude went with his son without any questions, as they left Arius gave Athanasia a look saying, 'Don't worry.'

The door shut close and Athanasia was alone in the room. She lazily laid on the bed and began to think why her brother sounded so serious.

Knock

Knock

She jolted up and tidied her sleeping gown before saying, "Come in."

The princess's loyal knight stepped inside with a smile on his face.

"About time you woke up, Little Sleeping Beauty." he smirked and Athanasia could feel her cheeks burning up.

"Its just you Cad."

She lazily fell on her bed once again.

"How are you feeling?"

"Completely normal."

"Glad to hear." Cadell took out a small plastic bag from his pocket.

Athanasia looked at the bag intently. And it opened to reveal cookies.

"Are these..."

"Not from Linda's. Ruby made these."

"Really! " Athanasia picked one and took a bite.

"They're delicious!"

"Her timing was perfect. I was running an errand for the vice captain and coincidentally passed through the imperial gates where a few guards told me she was standing outside. She told me she tried several new flavors and wanted you to try them."

"How shweet of hel."

"Not very ladylike of you princess. Either eat or talk."

"Oh come ol, its justh yuu Cat."

Cadell laughed out at the princess's behaviour.

.
.
.
Vote and Comment