Ch 7 : Slave Traders (1)

.
.

"Ah! Brother! and Daddy!? " a mini figure from behind the bushes came into a closer view.

Arius flinched and hurriedly tried to rub the tears in his eyes. Claude noticed and positioned his face opposite to Athanasia.

"..Athanasia..what brings you here?..." Claude asks

Athanasia was shocked to see her brother who hated being carried currently hugging Claude like that.

"I was looking for brother and then I heard some noise from the Garden..so .. I -" Athanasia said while worriedly looking at her brother.

"Arius has fallen asleep, what did you want from him?" Claude lied.

Arius was a bit surprised by this. He didn't want his sister to see his crying face or find out about how he had just emotionally broken down. Claude was helping him. Arius simply tightened his grip on Claude's robes and rested his head on his shoulder, closing his eyes.

"I wanted to play with brother, b-but if he's sleeping that's okay!"

That was the last thing Arius heard before actually drifting off to sleep. He again had a dream about his mother , She was walking through Amethyst Garden , she had a bright smile on her face and her eyes were peacefully admiring the flowers. The dream was rather short. He woke up soon but to his surprise...

'....huh..did I fall asleep..?.... where am I...?... This isn't my room... huh.... HUH' Arius realized that the room he was in was none other than Claude's.

"You're awake"

Arius suddenly shifted his head to the source of the voice and he saw Claude sitting on the couch with some papers in his hands.

"Ah, was I asleep for long?"

"No. "

Arius got out of bed and walked to Claude. Claude had a frown on his face as he looked at the papers.

"Dad , what's wrong? "

"It's nothing for you to worry about. Felix. "

Felix who was stationed outside the door, opened it and came inside.

"Yes , Your Majesty."

"Take care of this." Claude said as he handed the papers over to Felix. Felix's face turned grim after reading the papers.

"Tell the maids to prepare my tea and his coffee. Bring Athanasia as well."

"Yes , Your Majesty."

Felix left. Arius was curious about what was written in those papers. So he made his puppy eyes and asked Claude

"Dad!"

"..."

"What was in those papers? "

"....kidnappings."

"Some children have gone missing. The suspect is a group of illegal slave traders that kidnap children and turn them into slaves. But there is no need to worry , Felix will take care of them."

"..." Arius had a blank expression on his face. He knew slavery was something that was common during this time and age. But Obelia did not support it. He did feel bad about it.

Claude looked at his son and smirked at his calm expression. He pat his head and picked him and placed him on his lap.

"Eh-Hey! No, Wait! Put me down!" Arius struggled

"..."

The struggle went on for two minutes before Arius just gave up and sat on his lap peacefully.