Ch 36 : Family Time

Arius and Athanasia were on their way back. Their two knights who unfortunately were still in their dresses from the party sat on one side of the carriage. Their makeup still applied. 

Athanasia was still laughing from their acts before.

"Wow Athy you're makeup skills are just...wow... I feel bad for Cadell since he's your knight."

However Athanasia was busy laughing. Gunther had come to resemble Felix in many ways, like he was a tomato in the dress.

"How long are you gonna keep blushing like a girl?" Cadell asked the tomato, who only became a brighter red.

Snow and Raven had become visible and were sitting in their masters' laps.

"Your highness, do you think his Majesty would be angry? since we're returning after sunset..."

Both Arius and Athanasia froze at the question.

Of course Clause would be angry, they didn't even have Felix with them. And they stayed out later than usual. But...would Claude be angry, or worried?

----

The carriage finally stopped. The four of them came out of the carriage. As soon as the carriage began heading to the carriage house, footsteps could be heard from a distance.

Arius looked to see Claude standing at the entrance of the Palace. A moment of silence remained. Claude observed the two girls behind his children. And his children as well.

It took him a while to comprehend what was happening. No, his son did not just bring home two girls. It was their knights. Claude almost had a heartattack when he saw the two girls exiting the carriage.

"It looks like you enjoyed yourselves." Claude commented and Gunther was drowning in embarrassment. Cadell on the other hand was proudly smiling, while dressed up.

"Daddy! I did Cad's makeup! what do you think?" Athanasia ran up to Claude and asked him as she pointed at Cadell.

Claude picked Athanasia up in her arms and stared at the supposedly 'knights'. "It's..."

"don't force yourself to praise her dad." Arius spoke as he also walked up to Claude.

"Hey! I did a great job! Cadell looks beautiful! Right?" Athanasia asked Cadell this time.

"Of course, Your Highness, You've honoured me with a divine face." Cadell smiled.

Arius helped himself from bursting with laughter. "You too can go and rest for now. We'll be with Dad until dinner." Arius instructed and the two knights left.

"You...were late." Claude pointed out and the two siblings flinched.

"Were you waiting for us?" Arius asked.

I mean, he was standing outside.

Claude looked at Arius standing on the ground and tried to pick him up along with Athanasia as well, but Arius settled with just holding his hand as they walked to the Garnet Palace.

---

They headed to the dining room to eat. Although Athanasia and Arius had already eaten a lot, they didn't want Claude to eat alone.

"Ah! Dad I have something to show you! " Athanasia squealed as she remembered her furry pet. She raised Raven high up for Claude to see.

"Brother said it's my divine beast!" Athanasia continued to squeal as she hugged the cute little creature.

"Dad, do you like furry creatures?" Arius asked, noticing Claude's irritated expression towards Raven, who was being snuggled by Athanasia.

"No."

"Why not! They're so cute, Dad!" Athanasia defended as she petted Raven's head.

Arius looked curious as well. I mean, WHO doesn't love cute furry creatures. Arius never understood those people.

What is the reason behind their indifference to the existence of such adorable creatures?

"They're weak. And useless." Claude replied and Arius couldn't help but burst in laughter upon hearing Claude's answer.

"D-Haha-Dad, wolves and lions are furry animals too. Oh and bears too."

"Still useless."

"Then how about dragons?"

Snow who had turned invisible,  revealed himself as well and began to fly within the room before landing beside Arius.

Claude maintained his blank expression as he observed the flying creature.

"A winged fox?" Claude mumbled and this time Athanasia laughed.

"Dad! Snow is a dragon." Arius defended his beast.

"It has fur. Dragons have scales." Claude pointed out.

Arius observed Snow. White fur and white wings. It did look like a fox with wings.

"I don't care. Snow is my dragon." Arius proudly declared as he began petting the furry creature.

---

The siblings enjoyed their time with their father. It was suprisingly fun for them to have talked and joked with their father openly without any worries.

They were happy.

Claude stretched his fingers to the ground so that his children could walk as they held hands.

Athanasia on the right and Arius on the left.

As they walked, Arius remembered to ask Claude something.

"Dad, do you know the Dancing Lilac?"

One word 'Lilac', was enough.

Claude froze in his footsteps. The siblings eyed each other in worry.

"D,Dad?" Arius and Athanasia began clutching Claude's robes to bring him back to reality.

Suddenly Claude crouched down and picked both of his children up in his arms.

"Daddy?" Athanasia called him.

"It's late, you two should sleep." Claude stated as he finally reached his own chambers.

"Wait, We'll be sleeping with you dad?" Arius was beyond confused.

"You don't want to?" Claude made a puppy expression. I repeat, Claude made a puppy expression. Claude, Claude de Alger Obelia. The cold emperor of Obelia made a puppy expression.
.
.
.
Vote and Comment!