Ch 25 : Worries

Cadell and Gunther had now moved to the knights quarters near the Ruby Palace. They had been training under Felix and were busy throughout the day.

Arius and Athanasia would frequently visit Claude for tea and breakfast. And this day was no exception.

They were sitting in the Amethyst Garden. Athanasia eating her cakes , Claude drinking lippe tea. And Arius eating cookies. 

Amethyst Garden.

It had been a while since Arius was able to admire the garden's beauty. He would come here often to sort out his thoughts, but always be too deep in his thoughts to just look at the flowers.

Purple Roses.

They looked heavenly. And smelled heavenly as well. Arius couldn't help but be happy as he stared at them while munching on a cookie.

The tea time ended quickly or did time fly ? Arius didn't know. Athanasia and Claude were the ones conversing throughout. Arius was just...there.

"Thank You for your time, Daddy!" Athanasia said while smiling brightly.

"Thank You for your time, Your Majesty. " Arius also spoke with a smile.

Claude nodded with a blank expression before walking away.

He looked a bit thinner.

Dark circles underneath his eyes.

Arius noticed and glanced at Athanasia who seemed to have noticed as well.

They walked back inside Ruby Palace while talking about it.

"Has dad been sleeping well?" Athanasia asked.

"Doesn't look like it."

"..." Athanasia looked a bit sad.

"Are you worried about him?"

"I ...don't know. What about you?"  

"...same."

Worrying about him.

It felt foreign.

-----

Nighttime was here and Arius just left Athanasia's room after checking on her mana levels. He went out to look at the moon and take a midnight stroll. If Olivia found out she'd be mad. She had tucked him in bed an hour ago, but Arius had so many thoughts that he couldn't sleep. His list of worries were endless, but the top one on his list was : Claude.

He didn't mind me calling him by his title. He seems so out of it these days. Something is wrong. Has he been drinking? I don't get it. There's a wall between us. A wall I tried to stop while it was being constructed but I was too busy with the slave traders...

"Hey! What're you doing out at this hour?" A shout came from behind him.

"oh Cadell, and Gunther.."

"Just call us Cad and Gun!" Cadell spoke.

"Sure, How's training? I hardly see you both."

"Training is fun and tough. we're also taking lessons on manners and formal speech so it's hard to find any free time. " Gunther spoke.

"Jeez , being a knight is hard, especially with all those unnecessary things we're being taught!" Cadell complained.

Arius chuckled at them. "What about you? Why're you out here? at this time? "

"Just came out to look at the moon."

"But you were facing the ground." said Cadell with a smile.

"..."

"is something bothering you?" Gunther asked after smacking Cadell on the head.

"Not really. I was just thinking about something."

Gunthers eyebrows raised in curiosity. "Oh I know," Cadell began making the other two look at him.

"You-" Cadell suddenly stopped. Arius was about to say something but Gunther also began looking around cautiously. Arius then sensed it too.

Someone was watching them. They were near. In the forest. And he could sense their bloodlust from all the distance.

Gunther and Cadell went into stance and placed their hand on the hilt of their sword. "Assassins." Arius stated.

Shoot! Felix left the Palace an hour ago. My mana was resealed under Felix's supervision. But in 'Who Made Me A Princess' Athanasia was never chased by assassins, which means , they're after me. Felix would be at the Garnet Palace right now. I have to get to him...

"Arius..." Gunther spoke in a questioning tone.

"I need to get to Garnet Palace. They're most likely after me , but just in case , Cadell stay here to protect Athanasia.  And Gunther , let's make a run for it to the Garnet Palace." Arius ordered.

They nodded.

Swoosh

Wind rustled and it began. Cloaked men. Black Cloaks. Similar to his first assassins. It was six of them.

"Now! "

Arius and Gunther began running while Cadell firmly stood in his place. Almost all of the men began following Arius.

"Oh no...You don't!" Cadell charged at two of the men, but the men dodged his attack.

"Tsk"

The two men were now left behind while the other four followed Arius and Gunther.

"I'm your opponent." Cadell told them as his eyes began glowing a bright red.

One of them jumped in the air and took out a dagger for an aerial attack while the other simply shot daggers to keep Cadell distracted.

But Cadell deflected the daggers and clashed his sword with the aerial guy's dagger.

Clang

The sound resonated. The man was a lot larger than him , thus had more strength and was able to push Cadell back as their blades were engaged. The second man threw another wave of daggers at Cadell while he was engaged with the first man.

The first guy was already putting so much strength on his dagger that Cadell's hands were trembling from keeping his sword connected with it. But if Cadell hesitated for even a slight second he would slashed by the dagger of the first man. But if he didn't move then he would be stabbed by the wave of daggers.

What was his advantage in this fight?

His energy. His Speed.

He didn't need strength. He had speed. But will he be able to win with just speed alone?

Let's try and see!

He shifted all his energy to his legs and waited for the moment.

.
.
.

Now!

He kicked the hand of the man in front of him with his knee(making him lose grip on the dagger), and quickly moved to the side and hit the man's dagger in a way that made the man shift to the area where Cadell stood a second ago. And,

Splichk

The daggers which were aimed at Cadell now landed on the back of the assassin. He slowly fell to the ground.

Cadell's face was stained with blood. His eyes glowed like rubies as his gaze then shifted to the other assassin. And he smiled,"You're next."

.
.
.

Vote and Comment!

BTW THANK YOU SO MUCH.

3K VOTES I'M LITERALLY SCREAMING

💜